Silver AP not blocked out?

They had started as planned, but then Disney announced it would be extended out until June 29th. It was announced at the same time the Gold and up special event was. Just to make sure we knew they REALLY don't want us to enjoy toy story land.

Park attendance has been abnormally low. Yesterday, Disney issued 2 Extra comp tickets to each WDW CM - good through June 29.

AK has been described as being “dead” by guests. Wait times for Launchpad and Scrooge - ducks that are new to AK - are less than 10 minutes. Epcot has also had low attendance.

I wonder what FOP wait times are like when AK is described as being "dead".....

It was announced at the same time the Gold and up special event was.

What is this? I wasn't aware of an announcement. I actually have the Gold AP so we can get Memory Maker, while the rest of the family has Silver. I wouldn't be above sneaking over there while the husband and kids are at work and summer camp if there's something special going on!

Park attendance has been abnormally low. Yesterday, Disney issued 2 Extra comp tickets to each WDW CM - good through June 29.

AK has been described as being “dead” by guests. Wait times for Launchpad and Scrooge - ducks that are new to AK - are less than 10 minutes. Epcot has also had low attendance.
I am not sure what parks those people were at, but we were there from the 6th-12th, and the parks were very crowded. I think they were the most crowded they have been in my last 4 trips. After we used our first three FPs before 1:00, it was hard to get anymore decent FPs even with constant refreshing.

I am not sure what parks those people were at, but we were there from the 6th-12th, and the parks were very crowded. I think they were the most crowded they have been in my last 4 trips. After we used our first three FPs before 1:00, it was hard to get anymore decent FPs even with constant refreshing.
It might not be down overall. Perhaps just not up as much as they hoped.

I know our recent day in the MK was predicted to be a 9 and it felt like every bit of that. I would have been very unhappy to have even more guests dumped in on top of what was already there.

I'm sort of surprised if they're giving extra CM tickets that they didn't do it for just the non MK parks. Or that they didn't lift the blackout for just the non MK parks.

I feel like after spring break, everyone is waiting for TSL.

Epcot is especially lower than expected.

Epcot is especially lower than expected.
They really should be running specials unblocking and selling discounted tickets to the 3 non-MK parks. Our day in the MK last week was predicted to be a crowd level 9 day and it probably was. The last thing we needed was more people there.

We were blacked out for four days and then last friday it was lifted,I was in Epcot today to see that Guardians show,I also rode the three caballeros and saw the China movie and quickly got out of there before getting heat stroke.The rides definitely didnt have short lines,Spaceship Earth had a 55 minute wait but the park just didnt look busy,I guess the heat is making everyone get in lines or go inside but if you just walked around it didnt look like there were many people,even the parking lot looked a bit empty,so its far from busy but whatever people are there are making the lines somewhat long.

My observation is that low crowds means fewer people walking around visiting shops and restaurants, while the lines for attractions all seem to be long unless you are using fastpass.

Fewer people visiting shops and restaurants is not what Disney wants, so they lift the blackout.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter