Silly universal ? Lanyards

TammyLynn33

DIS Veteran
Asking here because you guys are my safety net. I know with express passes room keys most ppl carry lanyards.
what exactly do I need ? So I need just lanyards and the keys clip on or do I need the ones with the ID tag holders ?
I’m thinking if I can get them early it’s prob going to be a lot cheaper. And if we check in early am on check in day the gift stores prob wouldn’t be open yet ?
or can I manage in pockets and Fanny packs ?
thanks so much

If you want to go the lanyard route, you'll need the lanyard (15-20$ each, I think) and the plastic pouch that the card goes into (1$ for the basic one and more for a fancier branded one). So, yeah, they sell them separately which is such a rip off.
But every time we go, we forget to bring our old landyards so we end up buying new ones so we don't have to worry about taking it out each time it needs to be seen and scanned.

Ok
you know me I am a bit of a Harry Potter nut.
This is what the mouse For Less says about Lanyards at Universal
DO GET A LANYARD
You’ll be pulling out your Express Pass for scanning at most Universal attractions. Fishing in purses and pockets gets tiresome and risks losing these “golden tickets.” Plus, many of the more intense rides ask you to stow bags in lockers. Wearing your pass around your neck gives instant access, and you can tuck it inside your shirt during the ride. Buy one ahead of your trip, or purchase one of Universal’s themed lanyards.

https://www.amazon.ca/Harry-Potter-...ocphy=9000821&hvtargid=pla-765958072034&psc=1
Hugs
Mel

P.S.
Trip report & Photos required please.
Hugs Mel

Last edited:
My kids got their “house” lanyards at the Universal store in CityWalk while we waited for our room to be ready. They liked those ones better than the ones at the Royal Pacific gift shop. I kept DH and my express passes in a small cardholder, we didn’t bother to get lanyards.

Yes we’ve been passholders at Universal a few times and we always use lanyards. We also prefer this method so mom or dad doesn’t need to keep hold of everyone’s room card. For express pass they have to be pulled out for every ride.

We don’t buy them at Universal though. That’s money I would rather spend on food or a souvenir.

I think every dollar store on the planet has generic lanyards and the little card pouches. Or maybe try Amazon ? Which reminds me I should definitely go look for some since we will be there in January and we haven’t been in three years or so so I’ve got no idea if we still have lanyards !

Yes we’ve been passholders at Universal a few times and we always use lanyards. We also prefer this method so mom or dad doesn’t need to keep hold of everyone’s room card. For express pass they have to be pulled out for every ride.

We don’t buy them at Universal though. That’s money I would rather spend on food or a souvenir.

I think every dollar store on the planet has generic lanyards and the little card pouches. Or maybe try Amazon ? Which reminds me I should definitely go look for some since we will be there in January and we haven’t been in three years or so so I’ve got no idea if we still have lanyards !

Hi Hon
Just giving you fair warning that I shall require photos and a detailed trip report please.
I am so excited for you!
Hugs
Mel
1635118409499.png

Last edited:

Have bought a knock off lanyard from amazon before. Ok for $15 CDN. Find one with the breakaway release for safety and maybe repurpose it for a cruise. But if I had to do it again, I'd get one at Universal and spend the $20 US or so esp if I knew I'd be back in the next year or two. ps dollars to donuts Universal passes will eventually go virtual eg on your phone some time in the future. I love old school so in no hurry for change.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter