Signature for 3 guys?

WDWFANCBIIIME

DIS Veteran
Hey everyone I am debating on where to go one evening of the trip? It will be me 19 and my two brothers 9 8 all of us are foodies (I know even at 8 9), right now we have a reservation for monsieur paul but im second guessing myself do you think there is a better signature option for 3 of us? monsieur paul seems too stuffy and not really what I want with my brothers. California Grill is our favorite but unfortunately its under refurb when we are there...

How about Jiko? They have a variety of dishes and a great environment. Plus, you can check out the savannas too!

Another vote for Yachtsman. Honorable mention for Artist Point - where else can you get buffalo for dinner?

If you're not on a dining plan, check out Bluezoo or Shula's.

And I understand about young foodies - I have 5 kids and the middle one, now 11, has been a foodie since he was about 4. When he was probably 5 or so, my sister came out to eat with us one time. She was shocked when I ordered him a small meal from the adult menu. He simply wouldn't eat any of the items on the kid's menu.

Awesome thanks everyone :) I really want to do Swan and Dolphin but on the DDP I decided on Jiko one night then I think Artist Point for the other I did ff last July and it was incredible but thinking something different and the lodge is so incredible too.

Jiko is a great choice! While YS is a good place, it doesn't strike me as all that "foodie". :earsboy:

Jiko or Flying Fish if you're on a Dining Plan, especially if you can get a counter seat to watch the chefs in action (and you might get some extra attention, too).

If not on a DP, Bluezoo would be my first choice, I think it is the best restaurant in WDW that allows people under 10.

Yachtsman is just a mid-level steakhouse and while generally good, doesn't have much of a "foodie" appeal. Among the fine-dining steakhouses within WDW boundaries, I think Yachtsman is a somewhat distant third; Bull & Bear at the Waldorf Astoria being #1 by a large margin and Shula's at #2.

On a recent visit to Yachtsman, I began comparing it to Lone Star Steakhouse (a Darden chain steak house). Except for the 28 ounce Porterhouse, there's not much there that isn't on the Lone Star menu. The menu isn't "foodie", it's "steak house traditional".

If you're looking for "foodie", you'll want to go to Artist Point, Monsieur Paul, Jiko, or Victoria and Alberts (although, for the original poster, his brothers would not be permitted in V&A's due to their age).

I wonder how many of these recommendations are coming from people who have dined at Monsieur Paul. It's not stuffy at all; in fact it's rather casual (nothing like the old Bistro de Paris). And I must say that the steak I had here last month beat every steak I've ever had at Yachtsman (and there's been many). It's also the only the dining plan signature that serves and amuse bouche and let me say, those escargot in puff pasty were quite delicious.

Awesome thanks everyone :) I really want to do Swan and Dolphin but on the DDP I decided on Jiko one night then I think Artist Point for the other I did ff last July and it was incredible but thinking something different and the lodge is so incredible too.
Both Jiko and AP are fine choices. Each offers quality food and sights to see before and after you eat. The Lodge is an especially good place to walk around after dark as you can wander to the beach (they have movie nights there), watch some of Wishes (the higher explosions), and see the EWP. Your sibs might also enjoy watching the geyser blow. Enjoy!

I wonder how many of these recommendations are coming from people who have dined at Monsieur Paul. It's not stuffy at all; in fact it's rather casual (nothing like the old Bistro de Paris). And I must say that the steak I had here last month beat every steak I've ever had at Yachtsman (and there's been many). It's also the only the dining plan signature that serves and amuse bouche and let me say, those escargot in puff pasty were quite delicious.

Funny you post this comparison. My wife and I are big fans of YSH. We were also big fans of BdP and tried Monsieur Paul (MP) last week with some trepidation. We really enjoyed our meal at MP and felt that the restaurant had retained all its charm and elegance from the BdP incarnation. We did not think MP felt more casual than BdP at all. To us it had the same refined atmosphere.

As far as the comparison with YSH goes we both tried the steak at MP and really enjoyed it. But we didn't think it was as good as the YSH filet.

Just our opinion...

I think Jiko and Artist Point are perfect- my two favorite signatures besides Cali Grill! And I love that they're both are unique, beautiful resorts so it turns it into a whole activity.

To everyone who suggested Yachtsman- is that just because of the title? Based on what the OP actually wrote- I can't see Yachtsman being a big foodie 'must do'!

One more vote for Jiko.

I'll also add that you're a wicked great older brother to take your younger sibs out to a dinner like that. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter