sigh. so many rides closed. :(

babyatlas

Mouseketeer
i am planning a trip for mid-May. just 2 days so maybe this will be AOK but i was really disappointed to just discover that so many rides will be closed during our visit.

two of our favorites - small world and pirates are closed and one of the two rides we have never done but really really really wanted to do - grizzly river run - is also closed. the other ride we've never done is thundermountain railroad and i'm guessing the lines will still be crazy on that one.

not feeling the magic at the moment. :(

the other ride we've never done is thundermountain railroad and i'm guessing the lines will still be crazy on that one.

It might not be that bad. DisneyGeek.com was there on Friday (4/11) and saw the posted wait time of 30 minutes or so in the afternoon. I'm sure it'll be busy on the weekends, but it looks like it might be reasonable on weekdays.

I just saw that too Figment! You beat me to it. I also started a post about BTMR and a lot of people have said the wait is not bad and that fastpasses were available well into the afternoon, so I think that is a great sign.:goodvibes

Sorry some of your favorites are closed! Just try to think more about all the ones that will be open. That's how my hubby dealt with Indy (his all time fav) being closed during our trip along with a few others, and it made him more excited again! :thumbsup2

We were there 4/6-4/8 with Spring Break crowds, we rode BTMRR so many times with FP and even so the stand-by was never too bad!

thanks for the encouragement! it has already helped! since our visit is only 2 days i'm sure we will find plenty to do. glad to hear the line is more reasonable for BTMR!

The wait time for thunder mountain is pretty much the same as space mountain or splash mountain. Sometimes even less. Always try to get a fast pass for these rides.

i am planning a trip for mid-May. just 2 days so maybe this will be AOK but i was really disappointed to just discover that so many rides will be closed during our visit.

two of our favorites - small world and pirates are closed and one of the two rides we have never done but really really really wanted to do - grizzly river run - is also closed. the other ride we've never done is thundermountain railroad and i'm guessing the lines will still be crazy on that one.

not feeling the magic at the moment. :(

Just trying to help with a little perspective.

it's a small world
Pirates of the Caribbean
Grizzly River Run

That's only three rides. I would not cal that "so many rides." It's only three. Now, I completely get two are your favorites and being disappointed about that, but it's not a lot of rides down at all. :goodvibes

Here's to a great trip,
Dreams

the other ride we've never done is thundermountain railroad and i'm guessing the lines will still be crazy on that one.

You won't have a problem getting on Thunder Mountain. I rode it twice yesterday (Easter Week) with a 5 minute wait time during the first couple hours of park opening. I even managed to snag a 5:30PM FP for Radiator Springs Racers 1.5 hours after park opening with no waiting in line.

You won't have a problem getting on Thunder Mountain. I rode it twice yesterday (Easter Week) with a 5 minute wait time during the first couple hours of park opening. I even managed to snag a 5:30PM FP for Radiator Springs Racers 1.5 hours after park opening with no waiting in line.

You are making me feel positive about my trip in 2 weeks, thanks!

BTMRR does not have crazy lines. They are basically normal compared to other rides of that quality. You will have plenty to do in the park with the rides that are closed. Focus on the positive.

I went on BTMRR twice today. The longest wait was 25 min. There's 5 attractions closed today, 3 in DL and 2 in DCA so all things considered, there's nothing to complain about. Between 8am and 11am the park index was 20%, after that its been hovering in the 80s. The obvious conclusion is make sure to do the heavy load lines ( and non fast pass ones ) early.

It could be worse. On Monday, Indy, splash, btmrr, iasw were all closed at different times of the day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter