Sigh...another AP upgrade question

Wendy98

Mouseketeer
We upgraded our park tix earlier this year to AP Platinum. We did not own DVC when we did this. Over the next few months, I bought 2 resale contracts. I am planning on adding a small direct contract. Would I be able to upgrade the AP to Platinum Plus so that I get the waterparks with the current DVC offer? Would that even be worth it?

Follow up questions...what are my renewal options? We typically are every other year AP, but would renew if the price is good.

Thanks.

As long as you haven’t bought direct you are not eligible for the AP discount. The current AP offer expires Jan 3rd 2018 I believe.

As you already have the APP which is more expensive than the APP plus ( for eligible DVC members) the only additional benefit you would get by upgrading is the water parks. Also by upgrading Disney will not refund the difference in costs.

Your renewal options is (assuming you become eligible later this year) is to upgrade to the APP plus this needs to be done no later than 3rd of Jan 2018 but at the earliest 60 days from expiration of your current AP.

If you aren’t able to make the cut for 3rd of Jan 2018 you could upgrade to a AP Gold when it’s time. The price for the APP plus and Gold are currently the same.

If upgrading is worth it is up to your. Will you use the water parks? The general assumption is that sooner rather than later DVC will up the amount of points needed to become eligible for benefits. Recommendation is than you should buy the 25 points needed direct asap. Then you can later on decide if you need any AP with discount or not.

As long as you haven’t bought direct you are not eligible for the AP discount. The current AP offer expires Jan 3rd 2018 I believe.

As you already have the APP which is more expensive than the APP plus ( for eligible DVC members) the only additional benefit you would get by upgrading is the water parks. Also by upgrading Disney will not refund the difference in costs.

Your renewal options is (assuming you become eligible later this year) is to upgrade to the APP plus this needs to be done no later than 3rd of Jan 2018 but at the earliest 60 days from expiration of your current AP.

If you aren’t able to make the cut for 3rd of Jan 2018 you could upgrade to a AP Gold when it’s time. The price for the APP plus and Gold are currently the same.

If upgrading is worth it is up to your. Will you use the water parks? The general assumption is that sooner rather than later DVC will up the amount of points needed to become eligible for benefits. Recommendation is than you should buy the 25 points needed direct asap. Then you can later on decide if you need any AP with discount or not.

Thank you for the response! Yes, I am looking to add a 50 point direct, just figuring out logistics.

I would be upgrading just for the water parks. Do I like water parks? No way. My kids LOVE them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter