Siene river cruise summer 2022

met19

Mouseketeer
Considering some of the following for pre and post night. Landing in Paris then heading out to Versailles for a night or two to tour Versailles and the gardens. If it’s only for one night then I would head back into Paris for one night prior to cruise. Perhaps at a museum at that time.

post nights had to Disneyland Paris for two days one night and back to Paris for louvre, Eiffel Tower and a food four.

Have a total of three days two nights pre-and 4 nights post. A few questions: is Eiffel tower worth it during the day or night? Any food or café suggestions? So far I booked Jules Verne restaurant at Eiffel tower on my last day there. Also considering doing a food tour by Paris by mouth and looking around for a photo tour another day.

Open to your suggestions.

I'm curious to see your itinerary when you settle on it. I'm looking at that cruise for 2024 with possible pre/post additions. May I ask if you are doing it as an ABD? I would like to do an Ama/ABD, but the dates they run this trip don't line up with when I'd like to travel, especially as I'd like to avoid going in the summer that year with the Olympics.

Versailles is an easy day trip from Paris by train which requires about a half day.

Make sure you know how your body react to jet lag. I would not book this the same day that you arrive in Paris. Do something local and outside for you first day to help recover from jet lag, then do Versailles on the second day.

-Paul

Versailles is an easy day trip from Paris by train which requires about a half day.

Make sure you know how your body react to jet lag. I would not book this the same day that you arrive in Paris. Do something local and outside for you first day to help recover from jet lag, then do Versailles on the second day.

-Paul
I know how my body does- I’ve never had too much of a problem when I travel overseas with jet lag. Based on a suggestion in the DLP forum--> they suggest I do DLP the day I arrive for 2 nights, then the river cruise. That would leave versaille and paris for post cruise. I heard Versaille is a full day to day and a half btw the chateau and the gardens. Other things I plan on doing is Louvre, Eiffel tower, arc de triumph and either a food or a photo tour. I like to keep busy,

Last edited:
Based on a suggestion in the DLP forum--> they suggest I do DLP the day I arrive for 2 nights, then the river cruise. That would leave versaille and paris for post cruise. I heard Versaille is a full day to day and a half btw the chateau and the gardens. Other things I plan on doing is Louvre, Eiffel tower, arc de triumph and either a food or a photo tour.
Hi Will! Didn't notice who I was responding to here. Hope you've been well. :)

When we did the Paris/Normandy/Paris river cruise several years ago, we got to Paris a couple of days early. Did some serious shopping and a bit of the Louvre (a must). Also couldn't get enough of all the boulangeries and patisseries in the city. :)

Never did Versaille because I understand its takes a while to get there and back. Only to wander around for hours contemplating the excess. We did DLP after the cruise (3 nights) which we thought was perfect. Flew home right afterwards.

As far as food or photo tour goes, you might consider a dinner cruise along the Seine. We really enjoyed that experience. Plan on spending at least a half day at the Louvre.

Hi Will! Didn't notice who I was responding to here. Hope you've been well. :)

When we did the Paris/Normandy/Paris river cruise several years ago, we got to Paris a couple of days early. Did some serious shopping and a bit of the Louvre (a must). Also couldn't get enough of all the boulangeries and patisseries in the city. :)

Never did Versaille because I understand its takes a while to get there and back. Only to wander around for hours contemplating the excess. We did DLP after the cruise (3 nights) which we thought was perfect. Flew home right afterwards.

As far as food or photo tour goes, you might consider a dinner cruise along the Seine. We really enjoyed that experience. Plan on spending at least a half day at the Louvre.
Any particular favorites Jeff?

While on the cruise, we enjoyed a stop at Monet's home in Givernay, and dinner at La Couronne in Rouen. La Couronne was established in 1345 and is credited as being Julia Child's inspiration to become "the French chef" on public TV.

Of course Normandy is a must do. Very moving.

In Paris, walk along the Champs-Élysées and have something to eat at a sidewalk cafe. Then brows the high end shops there - if they will let you in and the shop keepers will dane to serve you. ;)

You mentioned the Arc d' Triumph earlier. Its fun to view from a safe distance. Safe being the operative word as the traffic around it is nearly impossible.

In DLP, try to get a room at the DisneyLand Hotel, but don't eat there. Have a nice meal at Walt's (1401 Flower St in the park, that address may ring a bell as its the same as Imagineering in Burbank) instead.

I’ll check out the Rouen restaurant, louvre, champs Elysee. I booked an Eiffel tower ticket along way lunch there in the Jules Verne restaurant. Disneyland hotel is currently closed and I don’t see waltz on the Disneyland Paris app as available but I will keep checking.

Thanks for the advice!

Hope that once you get back (looks like you are there now) you will report back with your impressions. Tell us what you liked & disliked please.

I’ll check out the Rouen restaurant, louvre, champs Elysee. I booked an Eiffel tower ticket along way lunch there in the Jules Verne restaurant. Disneyland hotel is currently closed and I don’t see waltz on the Disneyland Paris app as available but I will keep checking.

Thanks for the advice!

Hope that once you get back (looks like you are there now) you will report back with your impressions. Tell us what you liked & disliked please.

I would love to learn how this trip was, in particular the Paris pieces and which restaurants were enjoyed. Planning a 2024 trip (before olympics) and interested in learning about the Paris and France time, even the cruise portions - though i doubt we will do a cruise for this first trip to France to celebrate our daughter’s graduation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!