Side by side with your loved one, You’ll find enchantment here - a Disneymoon PTR - 10/25 TR Link

What a romantic trip you will have, and you picked the perfect place. DH and I celebrated our engagement in WDW (we got engaged two days before that trip) and the treatment we received while there was out of this world! I'm sure it will be the same for you!

What a romantic trip you will have, and you picked the perfect place. DH and I celebrated our engagement in WDW (we got engaged two days before that trip) and the treatment we received while there was out of this world! I'm sure it will be the same for you!

Thanks! We got engaged in Disneyland and I couldn't believe how people acted!

Thank goodness! I was going to post this yesterday, and was almost done, when I lost it! And I couldn't get it to come back. I login today, and voila!

Park Day Plans
These have changed three times (so far). They're mainly based off of a park touring site recommendation, and where we'll be staying. We ran into a little trouble with nighttime show(s). Originally we set up one schedule... then found out Rivers of Light isn't running every night in September. So we switched the days around. Then last week we were debating switching our MK and Epcot days, because the Special Event day has some Epcot stuff sprinkled in. Our new schedule had Epcot before the Special Event day, and we were deciding if we wanted to do our full Epcot day after, so it didn't 'ruin' Special Event day events. I'm a nerd like that... but about half of our people have never been to Disney World, and all but a few of the other half haven't been in 6+ years. So we decided to switch again. Now I need to go in and try to move those ADRs around.

We also.... *drumroll*.... added a day to the trip!!

I mentioned that I like to try and add days to our trips... and I hit upon just the right thing and timing to convince Zack he needed to take another day off of work. We hopped on Undercover Tourist at the end of May to get our Universal Tickets, because we had AMEX card offers that got us $30 off a $150 purchase and it expired at the end of May. It just so happened that the night we went to order them, UT was selling a 3 day Park to Park ticket for Universal Studios, for
the same price as the two day... So I got those. I told Zack what I did, and told him why not? Just in case we would go down early. If we didn't, no loss since the price was the same. It took about 5 minutes for him to switch views to "Of course we should go early because we didn't want to waste the deal you got because your're awesome!" Well, if you're twisting my arm...

Schedule

Travel Day
We'll be flying out late this night, because Zack's working, but I've got the day off! Still need to figure out where we'll be staying this night.

Day 1: Universal Studios
This day will be just us. We have literally zero things figured out for US right now other than we'll be here...

Day 2: Universal Studios
A few people may join us this day. Otherwise, they might join us at Citywalk in the evening. The parks close kind of early for Halloween Horror Nights.

Day 3: Universal Studios
A few people may join us, but some are debating if they want to go down to Kennedy Space Center this day. After we're done, we'll be moving to Disney property.

Day 4: Magic Kingdom
Plans for this day are lunch at Skipper Canteen. Most of the group should be along. People are invited, but we stressed that we didn't want to force them since they had less time than us, but most of them want to hang out. Haven't figured at FPs for this day, or any park really. It'll depend on the group I think. There's some people I can't see crawling into the Space Mountain seats (I had trouble with those - they're like the Matterhorn at Disneyland!). Also, I wish I had thought to try and book Be Our Guest for breakfast or lunch, just because it's such a neat atmosphere. Ah well.

Day 5: Special Event Day

We've got an Epcot event at night, and people will have some time in the afternoon to do as they please. We're recommending Epcot because we're hoping to meet up with people there, and just have a laid back time.

Day 6: Epcot
A Garden Grill lunch or dinner this day, and some Food and Wine fun. Might use our Disney Visas to go into the special character meet and greet with some people. Most of the group is along today too, but we'll lose a couple people depending on flights. The rest of the group is sticking it out for the last two group days. And the people who might be more ride restricted will be gone after this.

Day 7: Animal Kingdom
Right now we've got a Tiffins ROL lunch booked. A Pandora FP, of course :)

Day 8: Hollywood Studios
This day we have a Fantasmic dining package at Mama Melrose's, and dinner at 50s Prime Time Cafe. We'll probably visit the Disney Visa Star Wars meet and greet, because we'll have a big fan among us.

Day 9: Hollywood Studios
This is our first day of alone time :rotfl: I'm sure we'll be ready for it! We've got a lunch at Sci Fi this day. I want to see all the shows here too, so hopefully we can figure that out between the two days. Originally I wanted to go to Disney Springs this evening, but we're torn over the Star Wars show since it's basically the same time as Fantasmic, so I think we're just going to play it by ear with DS over our alone time.

Day 10: Animal Kingdom
This is the day we have Yak n Yeti for lunch. More Pandora time. I love animals so I want to see all the trails and such. This is the day we'll be moving resorts, so it might be a little bit later start. We also have Cali Grill for dinner, so we'll be leaving the park early.

Day 11: Epcot
So the next few days are more flexible. We did this because we'll have monorail access to MK and Epcot now, so they're easy to get to, but we've never actually been to HS or AK yet so if we want to change/hop we can do that. But I want more Food and Wine time. We're going to try and make it to every booth over our trip :thumbsup2 We've got San Angel Inn booked for dinner because Zack really wants to eat here.

Day 12: Magic Kingdom/Epcot
There's a Halloween Party this night, so we'll hop in the afternoon. We've got lunch at Liberty Tree Tavern. More Food and Wine :drinking1

Day 13: Magic Kingdom
The day of ADRs... PPO BOG, Tony's for lunch, BOG dinner. There will be editing...

Day 14: Epcot
I think originally we thought there was going to be a Halloween Party? We've got Le Cellier for dinner.

Day 15: Disney Dream :sail:
Off to Port this morning for the cruise, but not until I've had Tonga Toast from somewhere. Zack is really disappointed that the Samoan is gone at Kona, because I showed it to him in @kastoney 's DR. Though I'm sure he could find something :goodvibes

Day 16: Disney Dream
Nassau this day. No solid plans. Zack was looking at the Atlantis water park thing, but it's like $200 a person through Disney... :scared1:

Day 17: Disney Dream
Castaway Cay! Plan - do not fry in the sun for me. This will be difficult.

Day 18: Canaveral/Kennedy Space Center
We'll go to the Space Center after we get back to port. Originally, we were going to go down to Canaveral a day before the cruise to do this... but I added another day. Still need to figure out where we're staying tonight.

Day 19: Travel Home
We booked late flights home, with no plans yet for this day...

And since I wrote this post up yesterday, I got the ADRs switched around last night, much easier than I was expecting!

Next we're going to work out the Fastpasses. We gave everyone the option of doing their own thing, but mostly they want to stick with us, so we plan on booking them. Once we decided what the FP+ will be, we'll probably give everyone a heads up in case they'd rather get a FP for Dumbo instead of 7DMT, or something :rotfl:

Since I have to spend the day at work (and for 12 hours :() I’m attempting to update all of my TRs/PTRs/PJs, and get caught up/comment on all of my watched threads!

Also, I see I have also been hit by the Photobucket issues! Now, I know I am not that popular. I’m working on it! It might take a bit, because life is crazy right now.

giphy.gif

We also.... *drumroll*.... added a day to the trip!!
NEVER a bad thing!

Day 1: Universal Studios
This day will be just us. We have literally zero things figured out for US right now other than we'll be here...
Really, not an issue with Universal. There's no need to know this far out what you'll do, and even the day before you head there all you should know is where you'll head first! I'm not a huge Uni fan but still, it's so much more laid back than Disney that as long as you have an idea of the popular rides that do get longer lines and which of those you want to hit, and therefore which area of the park you want to head to first, that's all you need to know. And then whether you want to make any dining reservations but those don't even need to be made far out - we just walked up and got in twice on our last trip - and for all I know you have them already because I'm old and can't remember much!

Also, I wish I had thought to try and book Be Our Guest for breakfast or lunch, just because it's such a neat atmosphere. Ah well.
Keep looking if you want one, they open up close to the dates of travel. I have alerts out constantly for clients and I normally get the reservations within days of them going. For instance I just got a BOG dinner reservation for a client for tomorrow, 7/5 on 7/3. You can still get one :thumbsup2

Might use our Disney Visas to go into the special character meet and greet with some people.
I like that idea :)

NEVER a bad thing!

Really, not an issue with Universal. There's no need to know this far out what you'll do, and even the day before you head there all you should know is where you'll head first! I'm not a huge Uni fan but still, it's so much more laid back than Disney that as long as you have an idea of the popular rides that do get longer lines and which of those you want to hit, and therefore which area of the park you want to head to first, that's all you need to know. And then whether you want to make any dining reservations but those don't even need to be made far out - we just walked up and got in twice on our last trip - and for all I know you have them already because I'm old and can't remember much!

Keep looking if you want one, they open up close to the dates of travel. I have alerts out constantly for clients and I normally get the reservations within days of them going. For instance I just got a BOG dinner reservation for a client for tomorrow, 7/5 on 7/3. You can still get one :thumbsup2

I like that idea :)
I'm most excited for the Harry Potter part of Universal. I grew up with Harry :) I think with three days and Express Pass we should be beyond okay to see what we want.

My extent of Uni dining research at this time is @Raeven's DRs :rotfl:

I'll have to keep looking for Disney ADRs. And there's a few people that I really want to meet characters, so between Garden Grill and the Visa character meet, we should be able to. I just hope the line isn't too long. I'd also like to do the meet, at least the two of us, on uh, special event day ;)

*** All photos should be fixed in this thread ***

The monster difficult one will be my Disneyland PTR/TR..

Happy Dismoon planning! Love your plans sofar, looks like it is going to be wonderful!

Following along! So jealous of your trip! Not to try to foist you into reading my TR, but we had A LOT of the same ADRs on our honeymoon as you have! I got pictures of food and my personal reviews of them on there. The only one that I would tell you to try to convince your DH to steer clear of would be Tony's... not great at all.

Following along! So jealous of your trip! Not to try to foist you into reading my TR, but we had A LOT of the same ADRs on our honeymoon as you have! I got pictures of food and my personal reviews of them on there. The only one that I would tell you to try to convince your DH to steer clear of would be Tony's... not great at all.

I love reading TRs now! It's a new hobby. I have so many watched threads, but it's something I can do at work when I'm working a lot of hours, since I can't bring my craft hobbies to work... That's what I'll tell myself... :rotfl:

I'm not so excited for Tony's. I can have mediocre Italian at home, and we already added Mama Melrose's which was not on my list in the first place. I really want to go to Il Mulino at the Swan. I may have convinced him there. Maybe I can talk him into just doing two BOG meals that day and QS lunch, and Il Mulino on another day... :scratchin We struggled with non-park dining options, just because we are go-all-the-time people and are having trouble scheduling downtime :rotfl:

I'll be off to check your TR and your PTR :)

I really want to go to Il Mulino at the Swan. I may have convinced him there. Maybe I can talk him into just doing two BOG meals that day and QS lunch, and Il Mulino on another day... :scratchin

If it helps convince him to try Il Mulino they're running something in September called Orlando Magical Dining Month. And Il Mulino is one of the places you can get a $35 a person 3 course meal. We're considering doing that. There's quite a few disney/uso places on the list though with the menus if you google it.

Last edited:
Following along from your Wedding PJ! I can't believe you're doing 2 weeks at Disney/Universal PLUS a Disney cruise! That is seriously the dream! I'm also a Universal AP, so if you have any questions about that, let me know! As far as dining goes, I highly recommend Toothsome Chocolate Emporium (they have a HUGE menu and its more than just dessert) or Cowfish for table service. For quick service, I usually go to Moe's or Panda Express in City Walk. Lol. I'm not crazy about Universal's in-park dining aside from the Harry Potter stuff.

Hi Alyssa! Not sure how I missed your thread and I'm beyond lag now that you are almost a married woman, but I am here nonetheless. Your honeymoon sounds like an absolute dream. Any chance you have room for one more? :-)

Following along from your Wedding PJ! I can't believe you're doing 2 weeks at Disney/Universal PLUS a Disney cruise! That is seriously the dream! I'm also a Universal AP, so if you have any questions about that, let me know! As far as dining goes, I highly recommend Toothsome Chocolate Emporium (they have a HUGE menu and its more than just dessert) or Cowfish for table service. For quick service, I usually go to Moe's or Panda Express in City Walk. Lol. I'm not crazy about Universal's in-park dining aside from the Harry Potter stuff.

Cool! Thanks for the recommendations! I really liked the HP restaurant in Hollywood, so I'm sure we'll hit at least one... or both :) I feel like I've read good things about Toothsome and Cowfish but I haven't sat down and looked at the menus.

I was kind of surprised how our trip worked out. I counted up today and realized I have 3 weeks off of work right now... I never would have imagined it would end up so long!

Hi Alyssa! Not sure how I missed your thread and I'm beyond lag now that you are almost a married woman, but I am here nonetheless. Your honeymoon sounds like an absolute dream. Any chance you have room for one more? :-)
Of course!
:welcome:
My poor thread (really all three of them) are so behind. Work has been nutty. Perhaps I'll get an update in this week now that we have FP plans...

Fastpasses

Fastpass day has come and gone, with some trials and mishaps. Maybe I should rename my PTR

giphy.gif

I don't know where I dropped the ball, but I was thinking FP would work like dining reservations for our split stay, and we'd have to do it twice... and apparently I had the opening time wrong? Because I logged on to my computer about 15 minutes before I expected them to be open, and they were open...

So I panicked, and looked for Flight of Passage FPs for our big group. They ended up being later than we wanted, but we got it! And then I started on the rest. Zack was going to help book them but was in the shower, because... I told him they wouldn't be open then. When he did come, I was grumpy and frustrated... says he. I don't quite believe him. So we got the others booked for all of the big group days. And then I realized that they were open for the whole dang trip. We hadn't sat down and decided what FPs we wanted for ourselves, just the group, so we had to make it up on the spot. And then I was worried about the time, because I didn't get up early since I thought I was making 4 days of FPs with help, not 11 days of FPs mostly alone, so it was taking way longer than I had planned...

And it was really just felt way more stressful than it should have.

when-my-friend-messed-up-his-only-chance-to-get-back-with-his-ex-24447.gif

But upon reflection (and after coffee :surfweb:) I settled down and realized that they all worked out okay. I feel like with what happened, we were forced into FPing all of the rides we want to do the most. We didn't have time to go back and forth and debate if we were getting a FP for a ride because we wanted to, or because we felt like we should (I mean... we have the next two months to play with them, but in the moment...).

So here they are! Most of them are done by early afternoon, so we'll see if we have any luck with additional FPs.

Group FPs

Magic Kingdom:
Peter Pan
Jungle Cruise
Seven Dwarfs Mine Train

We're having lunch at Skipper's Canteen, so we wanted everyone to ride Jungle Cruise as for some it's either been a long time, or they've never been on it.

Epcot:
Mission Space
Spaceship Earth
Frozen Ever After

We've got two days of Epcot FPs, because some people won't be there for our full Epcot day. I just went through and changed both days (really, all Epcot days) to a Mission Space FP since they're back up. Everyone should get to go on Test Track for a special reason, and the people who won't be there for the full day live an hour from DLR, soooo... decisions! :laughing:

Animal Kingdom:
Kilimanjaro Safaris
Expedition Everest
Flight of Passage

Planning on rope dropping NRJ. I was hoping FOP could be earlier, so we could hang out in Pandora in the morning. But then I thought, this works because our FOP FP will be mid afternoon... so we can hit Pandora in the morning, and then either before or after our FOP FP would be a perfect time for a break at Nomad Lounge :drinking1

Hollywood Studios:
Toy Story Mania
Star Tours
Tower of Terror

We picked Star Tours mainly because Zack's brother is a huge fan, so he should enjoy it. Tower of Terror is necessary because Zack's dad is NOT a fan, but will go, and makes for great ride photos:

Ok, just kidding, I need to go find this fantastic photo but I'm at work. I mean, I'm obviously working really hard... but hey, I worked 70 hours last week and 60 this week...

This is from Disneyland last summer (RIP :sad1:). When I ride this I have to hold the handles on the seat, because I'm a wimp (I have to hold handles on most rides). On this ride, his dad wouldn't let me hold the handle between us - he wouldn't even share it :rotfl:

Just Us FPs

Magic Kindom:
Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
Space Mountain
Big Thunder/Haunted Mansion
We've got two MK days, so BTMRR for one and HM for the other.

Epcot:
Mission Space
Spaceship Earth
Test Track/Frozen Ever After

We've got two Epcot days, so Test Track on one and Frozen on the other. I have a feeling our alone Epcot days will be like this:

Zack, looking at wait times/additional FPs:
giphy.gif

And me, looking for the next booth:
tenor.gif

It might be our first test of compromising as married folk :bride:

giphy.gif
I'll stop spamming you with gifs now.

Animal Kingdom:
Dinosaur
Flight of Passage
Expedition Everst

Our FOP FP is much earlier here. We've debated switching out AK and HS, because AK day is when we have our Cali Grill dinner, and we are trying to decide if we'd rather see Fantasmic again, the Star Wars fireworks, or more Pandora at night. Or maybe we'll hop to Pandora at night. I hope they extend the late hours there, even if we just go to hang out and not ride.

Hollywood Studios:
Toy Story Mania
Frozen Sing-Along
Tower of Terror

Looks like you got some great fast passes, even if it was stress inducing. How many people are going to be in your big group? I can't fathom trying to get FP's for a crowd.

Glad to see you have plenty of time for F&W in your solo days and more importantly NOMADs. Hope you love it as much as we do!

Looks like you got some great fast passes, even if it was stress inducing. How many people are going to be in your big group? I can't fathom trying to get FP's for a crowd.

Glad to see you have plenty of time for F&W in your solo days and more importantly NOMADs. Hope you love it as much as we do!

I think Nomads is one of the things I'm most excited for lol. For this round our big group is 10 people for two days, and then goes to 7. We've got another 10 off site people. I know I'll do FPs for two of them for sure, and offer to for the rest, but the rest of also been there before. For the ones I booked only my MIL has been before, and everyone else has turned all planning over to us.

A small update...

First, we added a dining reservation. Because we're crazy. Actually, it's been one I've been trying to get since our ADR date. I wanted it to be a surprise, but MDE doesn't work that way :rotfl: So I just told Zack right away.

We're doing Dining with an Imagineer. So if you're keeping track, we're now eating at basically all of the TS in HS. Including the two I had no interest in. Oh well, they're for good reasons.

I did a little solo shopping this weekend, and even though I did not find the shorts I was looking for (or the shirt I wanted in my size - apparently I should have gone in Hot Topic), I found this dress:

qvbwtM6l.jpg

And for @ariane37... I have two trial shirts from attempting to make my own for the trip:

7lANN7Nl.jpg

6sBzzVol.jpg

I wore the Starbucks one to work today. It's my test run shirt. I'm going to see if it can survive a few work days and washes over the next few weeks, so I can either 1) know it worked and make a few more, or 2) know it didn't work and I still have time to order a few online (but then I have to restrain myself because they cost more that way :rotfl:).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter