Sick of sandwiches

AngieBelle

<font color=#FF0066>Future Belle on Broadway<br><f
I want lunch! But all we have to make for lunch is more sandwiches. I've been having sandwiches for lunch all summer. I even had one for dinner last night because I had to leave early to get to the theatre where I'm doing stage crew for Damn Yankees. Wah- I'm hungry! There's gotta be something better to make easily....

dizneegirl

Loves the Mouse
Tuna salad on sliced tomato is good & summery... plus, easy to fix.

Or frozen fruit in a glass with 7UP or Ginger Ale poured over it.

You could whip up a pasta salad & have that for lunch (easy... cook 1 lb. rotini noodles, slice 1 red bell pepper, 1 green bell pepper, a small sweet onion, a can of black olives & a package of pepperoni (or turkey pepperoni, or fat-free salami), toss in an 8 oz. bag of shredded cheese & pour a bottle of Kraft Italian (or fat-free) over it & toss... fairly healthy & yummy!)

Salads aren't hard, either, if you keep the ingredients on hand (or buy the bagged stuff)... you can add shredded deli meats, cheese, even eggs or avocados if you want, to make it more of a meal.

What kind of food do you like?

Beauty

DIS Veteran
John-Cole loves hot pockets...cheap and easy! I like the Lein Cuisines. They are both quick and microwaveable and are hot instead of cold like sandwiches.

I also keep fresh fruit around which is really good. But I don't ever think I would get tired of PB and J...LOL!

The Mystery Machine

Sunrise at my house. :+)
Dinner leftovers! I frequently make a little extra at dinner so we can eat it for lunch the next day.
OR
Grill your sandwiches!! Hot Tuna melts, grilled ham and cheese, or even I buy some rolls/deli meats like they have at Subway and make my own.

MMMM tuna in tomato...yum! Thanks dizneegirl. I think I know what is for lunch tomorrow.

jfulcer

DIS Old Timer
but how about trying:

Uncrustables!
bigimage_fg_uncrust_product.jpg

Smuckers new frozen peanut butter and jelly sandwiches without the curst! At least it'd be something different! ;)

snuggles

<font color=blue>A good day with short lines...wha
How about some Ramen Noodles. My dd loves those.

Kitty 34

Hums in her sleep
Try a toasted cheese sandwich......it's a sandwich but it's not bologna or peanut butter!!!:D

helenabear

<font color=deeppink>There is hope for the helples
Any soup you have that you could make with your sandwich? Then you could grill up a sandwich. It's still a sandwich, but at least it could be a small change of pace for you :)

mickey65

Canadian Snow Girl
Stuff a pita full of yummy things.....beansprouts.....cheese..veggies, anything you can think of :)

nancy679

Mouseketeer
I like making fruit smoothies for my lunch--its my own concoction--yogurt, milk and some frozen fruits, like raspberries and blueberries, and maybe a banana. And then blend it together with either a hand blender or regular blender. Its really yummy.

jipsy

My plan of Carrie is working perfectly...<font col
Angie dear how about buying a cookbook and start learning how to cook? ;)

DocRafiki

<font color=teal>Really is a doc!<br><font color=d
I've been doing lots of sandwiches since I broke up with BF, and I've lost 8 lbs! So, I'm sticking with the sandwiches for a while :cool:

DISNEY DINING PROMO CARD OFFER!

The Disney Dining Promo Card is a great way for you to “Stay, Play, and Dine” at Walt Disney World this summer. This offer is available for arrivals from June 25 to September 14, 2023.

Click Here for a No-Obligation Quote!