Shuttle service from Swan--suspended?

julesann

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone, DLR vet and complete newbie to WDW--first trip with db (my Disney buddy) in May !! I am so excited. I have been researching (and researching) and decided off site made sense without the usual onsite perks.

I was just about to book 8 days at the Swan when I read on Tripadvisor that there is no shuttle from there right now. Do you know if this is accurate. I am wondering (without a car) how I will get from this hotel to each of the 4 parks. Any suggestions/info much appreciated!!

Swan no longer uses Disney buses. They use Mears which on my recent trip were fine. MK drops you off at ticket and transportation center though so we ubered to the Contemporary. Disney Springs bus stop was too far away so we took bus from Yacht Club which is close walk. You can uber there too. One of the best things about the Swan is that you can take a short and scenic walk to HS and Epcot or take boats. Swan is worth the minor inconvenience of MK bus issue.

@julesann you may want to check out the Walt Disney World SWAN & DOLPHIN RESORTS Information & Questions thread. I linked to a recent post I made about the whole bus situation, but there is some good info from visitors. The biggest negative is they drop you off at TTC when going to MK. You have the boats between Epcot & DHS. So you're only dealing with buses for MK & AK. But at the great rates people have been getting at the Swan you can always uber. If you don't yet have it, grab the Swan/Dolphin app within it they even show you where the buses will drop you off.

@julesann you may want to check out the Walt Disney World SWAN & DOLPHIN RESORTS Information & Questions thread. I linked to a recent post I made about the whole bus situation, but there is some good info from visitors. The biggest negative is they drop you off at TTC when going to MK. You have the boats between Epcot & DHS. So you're only dealing with buses for MK & AK. But at the great rates people have been getting at the Swan you can always uber. If you don't yet have it, grab the Swan/Dolphin app within it they even show you where the buses will drop you off.
Thank you for this Steve. After I posted this, I did find the other thread and posted there and got helpful answers too.

Swan no longer uses Disney buses. They use Mears which on my recent trip were fine. MK drops you off at ticket and transportation center though so we ubered to the Contemporary. Disney Springs bus stop was too far away so we took bus from Yacht Club which is close walk. You can uber there too. One of the best things about the Swan is that you can take a short and scenic walk to HS and Epcot or take boats. Swan is worth the minor inconvenience of MK bus issue.

Thank you Pats Dragon for the information. Good to know about walking to YC for a bus to Disney Springs. Can you Uber to the Contemporary from the Swan or do you have to go to the TTC first?

you can go directly to contemporary although I heard rumors that they will turn you away without restaurant ressies. In that case just have uber drop you off at the walkway which is a 5 minute walk from mk.

I'd read that turn away is a possibility somewhere. Good to know about the walkway option!

You could also take the boat or walk to Epcot and then take the monorail to Contemporary.

I believe the Epcot monorail is not currently operating. And if it was, you would have to enter Epcot to walk from International Gateway to the front of the park.

I believe the Epcot monorail is not currently operating. And if it was, you would have to enter Epcot to walk from International Gateway to the front of the park.

I didn't realize it wasn't running, but still when it is, it's an option, if someone doesn't want to take an Uber.

I didn't realize it wasn't running, but still when it is, it's an option, if someone doesn't want to take an Uber.
Only if you have a park hopper, and reservations for both Epcot and MK. Since the second park reservation can only be done after 2pm currently, it's probably not a great option. Even in normal times, going to Epcot, and walking all the way through it before catching the monorail to MK, requires more walking and is more time-consuming than just walking to Boardwalk or Beach Club and hopping on a bus to MK. I mean, you have to pass by those resorts to even get to Epcot.

Only if you have a park hopper, and reservations for both Epcot and MK. Since the second park reservation can only be done after 2pm currently, it's probably not a great option. Even in normal times, going to Epcot, and walking all the way through it before catching the monorail to MK, requires more walking and is more time-consuming than just walking to Boardwalk or Beach Club and hopping on a bus to MK. I mean, you have to pass by those resorts to even get to Epcot.

True. I didn't know you could walk to BW and YC from there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter