Shuttle or Amtrak from Lax to San Diego in oct 2021 for 2 adults

Christine caine

Mouseketeer
Help anyone please.

I am trying to figure out Amtrak website and it won’t let me book from lax to San Diego then back to anaheim. It says that has to be return ticket. Technically it is but not all the way to la. If not hubby will consider using shuttle service. He doesn’t want to drive around wants too enjoy the scenery lol. He drives for a living and doesn’t want to do that while on holidays he says. Any suggestions to how to use Amtrak correctly or shuttle services. There is only 2 adults. We will be landing fri oct 8 and wanting to start in San Diego until Monday morning or late Sunday evening then go to Disneyland for a couple of days. Then Wednesday morning go to la until we leave on Saturday. Please suggest a way to make Amtrak work or shuttles. I am a huge overplanner and worry wart over vacations. friends say maybe OCD just a bit lol.

Please help ma figure this out thank you

Help anyone please.

I am trying to figure out Amtrak website and it won’t let me book from lax to San Diego then back to anaheim. It says that has to be return ticket. Technically it is but not all the way to la. If not hubby will consider using shuttle service. He doesn’t want to drive around wants too enjoy the scenery lol. He drives for a living and doesn’t want to do that while on holidays he says. Any suggestions to how to use Amtrak correctly or shuttle services. There is only 2 adults. We will be landing fri oct 8 and wanting to start in San Diego until Monday morning or late Sunday evening then go to Disneyland for a couple of days. Then Wednesday morning go to la until we leave on Saturday. Please suggest a way to make Amtrak work or shuttles. I am a huge overplanner and worry wart over vacations. friends say maybe OCD just a bit lol.

Is there anyway you can change your flights to fly into San Diego?
You likely will have to make your way to downtown LA for a shuttle or the train.

Help anyone please.

Thats very normal. A return ticket on trains or planes or any other public transport means a round trip back to your original starting point, in your case LAX to San Diego, San Diego to LAX. .

What you would need is a single ticket LAX to San Diego and then a single ticket San Diego to Anaheim.

You just need to book a single ticket from Los Angeles (Union Station) and then a single ticket from San Diego to Anaheim. There is no “open jaw” option like for airlines. The ticket prices are the same whether booked as round trip or one way, so just book each leg separately.

OK everyone I finally got frustrated enough to wait 1 and half hours on hold for amtrak rep. She even said the website is tricky too navigate and not clearly marked for people to see that there is an option for one way. She helped me book my reservation from Lax to San diego on train and agreed much better way to travel and enjoy scenery but that might have been cause she was paid to say that lol. But way cheaper as well only $36 USD for each person to use train. She was very helpful even telling me what time to expect to get out of airport with realistic times and where to get the shuttle to the main transportation hub for train. So far so good for trip to California but not sure how many covid numbers lately in Calidornia. Has anyone heard about cases in that state?

OK everyone I finally got frustrated enough to wait 1 and half hours on hold for amtrak rep. She even said the website is tricky too navigate and not clearly marked for people to see that there is an option for one way. She helped me book my reservation from Lax to San diego on train and agreed much better way to travel and enjoy scenery but that might have been cause she was paid to say that lol. But way cheaper as well only $36 USD for each person to use train. She was very helpful even telling me what time to expect to get out of airport with realistic times and where to get the shuttle to the main transportation hub for train. So far so good for trip to California but not sure how many covid numbers lately in Calidornia. Has anyone heard about cases in that state?
https://covid19.ca.gov/

Our COVID numbers are up due to Delta like every state, but not out of control like some due to the high number of vaccinations and continuing restrictions. LA County has a mask mandate so you will have to wear masks in most places. Orange County does not and most people will not be wearing masks except where required by individual businesses.

Just my opinion I don't want too get political or anything. My husband and I feel that if we wear our masks and wash our hands also use sanitizer. We will stay away from most busy places as much as possible. I feel that is all we can do to help not get covid. But after almost 2 years of this I myself and my husband have to get some vacation time. Just hope everything will go as planned. But wait and see how it goes. Again not wanting to get political or anything. Just my opinion

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter