Shuttle bus questions

AnOtHeRdIsNeYfReAk

Self-Proclaimed Super Genius
A bit of a silly question, but do we need some kind of ID to use the shuttle bus from Endless Summer to City Walk? With 4 teenagers, some are bound to want to go to the parks or Citywalk while I'm at the hotel. The AP is on their phones, but I really worry about someone losing the room key. Wish Universal would use Magic bands or something similar. Also, can I use the shuttle or water taxi to eat at another Universal resort? I hear the food isn't great at Endless Summer. Thanks :)

No ID has ever been required to ride the buses or water taxis when I have been to Universal. I once saw mention that proof of stay was required after HHN to get back to the resorts, but that's it. I have not stayed at Endless Summer, but I can't see why it would be any different.

Yes, you can take the bus to Citywalk and walk or take water taxis from there to the other resorts. You may want to check out the sticky thread above for Endless Summer,it is close to many off-site restaurants on I-drive.

No need for ID.

An easy way to keep track of room keys, etc. is by using a lanyard.

You can use any of the onsite transportation while on site.

Another vote for a lanyard for the room key. They don't have to remove it from the plastic pouch when entering the park, and it can act as a souvenir if you buy them at the Universal store.

Universal enourages all to visit their onsite hotels.
Shop or dine at them and maybe it will entice peeps to book one of the UO hotels in the future.

Anyone can take the shuttle busses or water taxis to the onsite hotels.

I know many locals that do go to RP to visit the hotel bar.
They take the water taxi and it is not an issue.

Personally, the only time I know of when a hotel card has been requested has been during hhn.
Signage is up that at midnight on the weekend, hotel card needed to take the water taxi from City Walk to the hotel.

Water taxi service ends at 2:00 am nightly

Lanyards are as terrific for universal as they are for Disneyland and were for DisneyWorld. They hold all manner of good things (flat things lol...payment cards and roll keycards and ID and insurance cards and cash). And can be taken on all rides.

Wish Universal would use Magic bands or something similar.

Bands have fallen off many wrists.

I have never had a lanyard fall off my neck. And once I switched to the hard plastic waterproof witz brand lanyard pouch I’ve never had a moment’s worry about the pouch coming off.

I actually still wear it at Disney World. I still carry all the above with me, plus the band, so the lanyard makes sense.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter