Shuttle at Sapphire Falls Resort?

Iris1974

Dis Veteran
Hi,

I was wondering if Sapphire Falls resort has a shuttle bus other than the water taxi. I have bad knees and climbing in and out of a boat would be really hard for me. If it does have a shuttle bus does it run on time? Any help is greatly appreciated. :flower1:

Hi,

I was wondering if Sapphire Falls resort has a shuttle bus other than the water taxi. I have bad knees and climbing in and out of a boat would be really hard for me. If it does have a shuttle bus does it run on time? Any help is greatly appreciated. :flower1:

They do have the shuttle buses, I have no idea how regular they run as we`ve never used them. But, we have seen them come and go same as the other resorts.

The boats do have ramps you can take advantage of. They put them out for wheelchairs but if you mention to the Captains the`ll put it out for you. It takes seconds and won`t be an issue as we have seen people with mobility issues ask to use the ramps.

Try the boats. There is not really any step down onto the boat itself, and there are seats on the bow where you don't have to go down the other 2-3 steps to the other rows of seats.

It's also only a 7-minute walk to the parks from Sapphire Falls, so that's an option if you can handle it.

Definitely try the boats!!! They are super easy to get in and out of. It's not like a regular boat entry at all. In fact, they're easier to get in and out of than the buses FOR SURE! Plus, the seating on the boats is more open and you're not jammed into a seat like on the busses. They do have an option to use a ramp to get off and on, and you can even sit in the front, so there's no 'steps' AT ALL. It's a zero step entry and the front of the boats have a clear/fully covered window to block the wind. They are so simple. They are made for people to enter and sit in a wheelchair (my daughter was in one due to foot surgery the last time we visited). No steps necessary at all. And, it's a lot less walking in and out of the parks. The bus drops off in the parking area of the Universal transport area...The boat delivery is RIGHT next to the park entrances.

Thanks for that info @pannm . This kind of information is so useful. It makes me feel much better about getting to the parks. I'm very grateful to all of you who have taken the time to help me. I can't wait less than a year now. My friend is happy about the water taxi's too. Thanks so much again. 😊

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter