Shutterfly Shipping-OUCH

cristielf

Mouseketeer
So, I bought a photobook for my son's kindergarten year at school and I bought another book for his best friend who is moving away to CA (we live in Pa, so cross country), that book was free because I had a coupon for a free book that I got from Best Buy because I bought a new laptop. So I had two books both coming to my address. They charged me 9.08 to ship each book, so an additional 18.16 to ship the books. None of the shipping codes applied to me or they wouldn't let me apply it. There was a coupon for free shipping if you spent 30 dollars, but it wouldn't let me use it. I know most books are "cheap" to ship because they use media mail. I couldn't believe that it cost me 18 dollars to ship two books, it's a bit ridiculous. If I wouldn't have wasted so much time making the books, I would have cancelled my order. Does that seem like a lot of money to you or is it just me??

I used a coupon I found online and got it FREE a while back. That sounds like a rip off to me.
BUT
with all that work you prob did and such a wonderful gift, just let it go and dont get annoyed, not worth it.
HOPE THEY COME OUT GREAT WHEN THEY COME!
Such a great gift.

I got one of those free print codes last week and tried to use it....they were charging me 7.99 for shipping the prints, so it ended up being around .18 cents per print.....I can get them cheaper locally. I don't know why they do that.

So, I bought a photobook for my son's kindergarten year at school and I bought another book for his best friend who is moving away to CA (we live in Pa, so cross country), that book was free because I had a coupon for a free book that I got from Best Buy because I bought a new laptop. So I had two books both coming to my address. They charged me 9.08 to ship each book, so an additional 18.16 to ship the books. None of the shipping codes applied to me or they wouldn't let me apply it. There was a coupon for free shipping if you spent 30 dollars, but it wouldn't let me use it. I know most books are "cheap" to ship because they use media mail. I couldn't believe that it cost me 18 dollars to ship two books, it's a bit ridiculous. If I wouldn't have wasted so much time making the books, I would have cancelled my order. Does that seem like a lot of money to you or is it just me??

Ah, that's why you had to pay the shipping. Shutterfly has started limiting customers to one coupon per product type per order; so that if all you order are photo books you can only use one coupon. You can combine a coupon with a sale but not a coupon with a coupon. Or you can combine multiple product types to apply multiple coupons; i.e. they might have given you the free shipping if you'd had a book and a ton of prints. Or you can split an order to apply different coupon types to the same product.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!