Shutdown of Animation Tour at Disney Studios

noblemickey

Earning My Ears
My wife and I are going to WDW on Nov. 12th through the 19th. I seem to recall a posting here where the Animation Tour was being improved and would be shut down into November. Then some other dates were mentioned. How can I find out if it will be open during our time at WDW as this is one of our favorite attractions? Thanks Tom

Hi there.

According to the official Disney Site, the Magic of Disney Animation will be closed from September 30th until November 23rd, HOWEVER, AllEars Net lists it as being closed from September 14 through October 31.

I would believe AllEars Net before I'd believe the official site. Deb Wills updates her site on a very regular basis, whereas the official site tends to contain relatively out of date information.

Not to rain on your parade, but the official site is probably correct. My husband is a big fan of Animation and was disappointed because it was scheduled for rehab during our trip (first week of September). It was then moved to Sept. 14th on the official site - which is apparently still showing on All Ears. If the official site now says Sept. 30 - Nov. 23, then it is probably correct (for right now).

Anyone have any idea what kind of production is going on down there right now? I was a tour guide there from Jan - May 99 and there was hardly any real work ever going on. You could see some computer screens where they were rendering Tarzan composites, and then they started Lilo & Stitch about 2 weeks before I left. Funny thing is, for all the talk about it being a real, working production studio, no photography, blah blah blah, as soon as they started work on Lilo & Stitch, they started putting up walls all over the place so that guests COULDN'T see what was going on, lest some watercolor paintings of hawiian backgrounds end up on "Ain't It Cool News"

:-)

Originally posted by Winnie-ther-Pooh
Not to rain on your parade, but the official site is probably correct. My husband is a big fan of Animation and was disappointed because it was scheduled for rehab during our trip (first week of September). It was then moved to Sept. 14th on the official site - which is apparently still showing on All Ears. If the official site now says Sept. 30 - Nov. 23, then it is probably correct (for right now).

AllEarsNet (WDWIG.com) has been in the process of upgrading its server and unfortunately has been unable to upload changes to its pages for the last few days. The rehab page will be updated as soon as possible! Thanks for the heads-up on the conflicting information. :)

we we were there 2 weeks ago, they were in the final stages of Brother Bear, there were no animators working because the film is done, but there were drawings backgrounds and models all over the desks of the animators

I was there on Tuesday with only 1 other person. We were told that they are making the tour more self guided and changing the introduction to feature Mushu.

They had marquettes (sp?) and sketches of their next feature Home on the Range as well as Brother Bear.

It's probably actually better to change it to self-guided... when I worked there most people seemed to find it a bore.

The problem is that you don't see much of anything cool if you're really into animation, and it's not all that "exciting" if you're not into animation - lots of people expect there to be some kind of ride in there!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter