Showcase of Citrus?

HLAuburn

DIS Veteran
Has anyone been to Showcase of Citrus in Clermont?

http://www.showcaseofcitrus.com/

We are looking for something to do on the way down to Legoland and I thought my girls might like picking oranges and checking out the groves.

Just looking for some reviews if anyone has been...

Thanks!

We haven't been but happened to drive by earlier today and noticed a couple of families picking. Lots of oranges on the trees and it looked like fun.

Note that Showcase of Citrus isn't really on the way from Disney to Legoland. It's northwest of Disney, up Route 27 toward Clermont. If we'd had kids with us I think I might have stopped to check it out, though.

Dick Taylor

We haven't been but happened to drive by earlier today and noticed a couple of families picking. Lots of oranges on the trees and it looked like fun.

Note that Showcase of Citrus isn't really on the way from Disney to Legoland. It's northwest of Disney, up Route 27 toward Clermont. If we'd had kids with us I think I might have stopped to check it out, though.

Dick Taylor

Thanks!

We're coming from the St Augustine area, so we'll take I-4 through Orlando. It looks like Showcase of Citrus is only a few miles north of the interstate on Hwy 27. Not on the way to Legoland, but not too far out the of the way, I hope. Might be a nice way to break up the drive...I remember the drive from down Hwy 27 to Legoland seemed realllly long.

Thanks!

We're coming from the St Augustine area, so we'll take I-4 through Orlando. It looks like Showcase of Citrus is only a few miles north of the interstate on Hwy 27. Not on the way to Legoland, but not too far out the of the way, I hope. Might be a nice way to break up the drive...I remember the drive from down Hwy 27 to Legoland seemed realllly long.

We only drove up that way from SR 192 but I'd estimate that it's around 15 miles or so north of the I-4/Highway 27 interchange, exit 55.

Dick Taylor

We've been to Showcase a few times and it would be out of your way a bit. There's another place that I've seen advertised on the way toward Legoland on 27. It's in the Haines City area and called Ridge Island Groves. I did a search and found their website, it looks similar to Showcase of Citrus.
https://www.ridgeislandgroves.com/about-us/

First went to Showcase of Citrus last month. It was fun, for $10 you get a decent-sized bag to fill. There's all sorts of kitschy old Florida stuff scattered across the property as well (like fake gators). They also sell local honey, old time bottles of soda, and other almost random stuff.

That said, it's at least 20 - 25 minutes north of I-4 (and remember, LegoLand is a good half hour south). Never been to Ridge Island, but it may be the better option.

Thank you all for the replies. :)

We will just be driving in that day - no plans to go to the park - so driving a little off course shouldn't be a big deal. It will give the kids a chance to stretch their legs, too. I think their "off road eco-tour" on the swamp buggy looks fun...but for $50, wondering if it's worth it. :confused3

Ridge Island looks like a good possibility, too, but according to the website, they are closed on Sundays and that's the day we wanted to go.

I've heard good things about it from people who are looking for exactly what you mentioned. I wish I had thought to stop by one day before I had moved from Orlando. Let us know how it was! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter