Show Me.... Your Accidental shots!

bazzanoid

where'sthespacebar?
Ok, while in Italy I was setting up a night shot of the area, specifically the edge of town with the funicular in the background that goes up the mountain some way. Beautiful at night.

Camera perched happily somewhere secure (so i thought). long exposure, all set, click!

Camera promptly falls off it's perch (didn't have the tripod with me)...
P1020518.jpg

This was the shot I was trying to get:
P1020523.jpg

Let's see your 'accidents' and the final shot you were trying to get!!! :goodvibes

Baz

This, I think, is the It's A Small World ride at Magic Kingdom (if you put your ear up to the monitor, you can hear that sweetly repetitive tune...)

IMG_2501.jpg

This was the Headless Horseman riding ahead of the MNSHHP parade...just one chance, I didn't get the "right" shot!:laughing:

IMG_2583.jpg

Ok, while in Italy I was setting up a night shot of the area, specifically the edge of town with the funicular in the background that goes up the mountain some way. Beautiful at night.

Camera perched happily somewhere secure (so i thought). long exposure, all set, click!

This was the shot I was trying to get:
P1020523.jpg

Let's see your 'accidents' and the final shot you were trying to get!!! :goodvibes

Baz

Looks familiar. Is that Como??

This was shot against a blue sky, which evidently was not visible to my camera for some reason. :rotfl2: IIRC I was using a cp, so I suppose it must have something to do with that. Maybe I forgot to adjust it before taking this shot:confused3, but that wouldn't be the first time, and I've never had this kind of effect before. I also notice that I had the ec set to +1/3, but I wouldn't think that would cause the sky to be blown out to such a degree, especially since the flower isn't overexposed.

DSC_0064.jpg

Looks familiar. Is that Como??

Well spotted! We were there for a long-ish weekend business trip (hard life, i know). Stayed at the allegedly 4* Hotel Barchetta Excelsior. Please don't stay there!

Thoroughly enjoyed it, especially the views from Brunate at the top of the funicular!

:goodvibes

Well spotted! We were there for a long-ish weekend business trip (hard life, i know). Stayed at the allegedly 4* Hotel Barchetta Excelsior. Please don't stay there!

Thoroughly enjoyed it, especially the views from Brunate at the top of the funicular!

:goodvibes

We were there in April. Stayed at In Riva Al Lago for a few days. My DH & I hiked Monte Grona which is on the west side of the lake behind Mennagio while my parents took my 2 DD's up that funicular. It was very foggy over the lake so we didn't get any good views from the top of the mt(after all that hard work!). We also took the ferry to Bellagio. Beautiful area!

This was shot against a blue sky, which evidently was not visible to my camera for some reason. :rotfl2: IIRC I was using a cp, so I suppose it must have something to do with that. Maybe I forgot to adjust it before taking this shot:confused3, but that wouldn't be the first time, and I've never had this kind of effect before. I also notice that I had the ec set to +1/3, but I wouldn't think that would cause the sky to be blown out to such a degree, especially since the flower isn't overexposed.

DSC_0064.jpg

Very cool accident!!! I like it.

Looking at the EXIF data, you had it on spot metering mode so that it metered off your sunflower, a much darker object than the sky. Therefore, in exposing correctly for the sunflower, it overexposed and blew out the sky. Add the 1/3 stop overexposure and you get the pure white.

I thought this one came out kind of neat. It is of one of the singing quartet that entertained us before the MNSSHP parade. He is supposed to be a ghost so the blurry works.

IMG_1960.jpg

I can't remember exactly for sure what happened here. It was a night I did not have my tripod. Therefore I was using a trashcan for support and attempted to set my camera flat. But, the quick release plate I keep in place caused the camera to tilt forward as I snapped the shutter. I was trying to capture a shot of my son with the castle in the background near the Carnation Cafe in DL. Somehow it almost looks double-exposed since you see his upper body looking directly at the camera while also having a nearly full body shot of him looking down.

204314933-L.jpg

I was trying to take a picture of my DW and myself with my DSLR outside our SSR room ..... arms are too short! :confused3

IMG_0265.jpg

I can't remember exactly for sure what happened here. It was a night I did not have my tripod. Therefore I was using a trashcan for support and attempted to set my camera flat. But, the quick release plate I keep in place caused the camera to tilt forward as I snapped the shutter. I was trying to capture a shot of my son with the castle in the background near the Carnation Cafe in DL. Somehow it almost looks double-exposed since you see his upper body looking directly at the camera while also having a nearly full body shot of him looking down.

204314933-L.jpg

This reminds me of a roll of film that I inadvertently double exposed years ago. I can't recall what the first set of pics was, but then I took a bunch of shots at a friend's wedding--she looked every bit like a ghost bride. :rotfl2:

I bet your son loves the way it looks like he's sticking his tongue out of his stomach. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Very cool accident!!! I like it.

Thanks! It is kinda funky looking!

Looking at the EXIF data, you had it on spot metering mode so that it metered off your sunflower, a much darker object than the sky. Therefore, in exposing correctly for the sunflower, it overexposed and blew out the sky. Add the 1/3 stop overexposure and you get the pure white.

I figured it was something like that, but I wouldn't have guessed the effect would be so pronounced. That's what I get for not checking my settings ;)

I took this one yesterday at a local park. My shutter speed was WAY too slow and my f-stop was WAY too small. I kind of like it though. I'm going to hold onto it in case I ever need a watercolor background for some design project. :D

Nikon D50; ISO 200; 1/.6; f/36; Lens 18-55mm; Focal Length 55mm
WatercolorAccident_0070.jpg

A different kind of accident! I was really trying to get pics of Splash Mtns.'s interior (while we were stopped for a very long spell) but instead I got this guy's tattoo and as I realized when I looked more closely, he was talking on his cell phone in 'my happy place'!!!

1ff643ae.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter