Show me: photos an avg tourist may not take (old thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
A few more, some DS took on his Nikon coolpix.

Busride-01.jpg

Busride.jpg

ConservationStation-18.jpg

BacklotTour-21.jpg

Balloons in Magic Kingdom with a profile of Mickey in the background (you have to use your imagination a bit)

florida05071.jpg

You have all given me some new inspiration. I love to look at the detail... I have a Nikon Coolpix 4600 and I am still learning how to use it (6000+ photos already in 9 months). Wish they had a 'Dummies' book for it because the manual that came with it really isn't all that explanatory--to a degree. Macro is awesome. I didn't know until I started reading through posts here in the photography section that I could change my speed on the shutter...can't wait to try it out.

tony64 said:
Balloons in Magic Kingdom with a profile of Mickey in the background (you have to use your imagination a bit)

florida05071.jpg
NIce photo, Tony, but that's definitely just a cloud! ;)

Katwillow1 said:
I didn't know until I started reading through posts here in the photography section that I could change my speed on the shutter...can't wait to try it out.

One thing you might want to try, is take pics using your set functions, like portrait and landscape and see how the camera changes the variables. This should give you an understanding of what aperture/shutter settings change in a picture. Just keep trying things I say.

For example, I only played around with exposure settings recently and got some good results with sunsets.

Loving this thread!

It's inspiring...my DH is getting me my OWN digital camera and I cannot wait to take pictures in WDW from "a different perspective!"

Here are a few more
Front porch at Crystal Palace:
DSC_1282.jpg

DW wanted me to take a picture of this in the Philharmagic Store:
DSC_1430.jpg

I always seem to end up taking pictures of these. I just love the textural quality and saturation of colour you get with rows and rows of them on display. I never frame them very well though because I'm always in a hurry because I"m sure I look like a nutjob who's too cheap to buy one so I take their pictures! (but I do buy them too!)

orn1.jpg

orn2.jpg

Boss Hogg said:
One thing you might want to try, is take pics using your set functions, like portrait and landscape and see how the camera changes the variables. This should give you an understanding of what aperture/shutter settings change in a picture. Just keep trying things I say.

For example, I only played around with exposure settings recently and got some good results with sunsets.

One of the hard things I have found is trying to remember what I have done with what picture. I think maybe starting a photo journal would probably help...only thing is my camera tells me I have taken #1 photo....but when I upload to my computer it tells me something like DSCN6000...so I am not really sure how I will be able to correlate the numbers.

Katwillow1 said:
One of the hard things I have found is trying to remember what I have done with what picture.

digital cameras made within the last 7 years or so add something called EXIF (exchangeable image file format) data to each shot. so you can view the exif data to see things like focal length, aperture, shutter speed, whether the flash fired, etc. and where lenses and cameras support it - things like distance to object, 35mm equiv. focal length, total focal length including teleconverters, photographer's name, time, GPS position, and other data.

you can view this data in most photo programs. but you can also view them in explorer, too. right click on properties then choose summary and advanced. on a mac simply hit command-i in finder.

Katwillow1 said:
I think maybe starting a photo journal would probably help
Definitely a good idea, even if it is until you upload pics and you can see the pics taken with different settings.
I'm sure you'll be surprised how quickly you'll get the hang of it if you take enough.

Hi Matt and Deb I may have under estimated the amount of imagination :thumbsup2
I liked your pics too by the way Matt :goodvibes

f604be30.jpg

Lilo & Stitch in Chocolate

Dznefreek, where pray tell did you take that wonderful picture of the castle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter