Show me: photos an avg tourist may not take (old thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carolc

Disneyland is... a source of joy and inspiration t
Hi everyone,

I spend a lot of time on the DISboards, but only recently found this board. I recently bought a DSLR and am looking forward to taking it to the World in August. :woohoo:

I learn and draw inspiration from others. Since I've noticed that you guys seem to enjoy posting your work, I thought I'd start a new thread. But, this is what I'd like to see...

THINGS THE AVERAGE TOURIST MAY NOT PHOTOGRAPH

I imagine that many people who take pictures at Disney theme parks have some common shots: views of an entire building (e.g. the castle, Spaceship Earth, Sorcerer Mickey hat, etc), or characters (e.g. as much of Mickey Mouse as possible). Well, show me what you've done that is more unusual... something that most people may not think of taking.

some thoughts...

- common things from uncommon angles
- common things, but captured in macro mode
- queue art, zoomed in closely
- sides of buildings
- trash cans
- water fountains
- lanterns
- trash (with a good camera and a good eye, I've seen it look like art!)
- fence posts
- doors/gates
- ironwork
- columns
- wheels/tires/spokes
- things thru a fish eye lens
- the back side of water (oh wait, everyone takes that one)

Looking forward to seeing some of your creativity... popcorn::

(oh, and if you are willing, also post your exif data if you have it... this is another good way for a rookie like me to learn).

:thanks:

Here is one I took that most people would probably not take. Know what it is?

82262013.jpg

I'll guess Spaceship Earth, but I have this sinking feeling that it's a trick question but I'll stick with my answer.

I think most folks miss out on this one,,, A guy walked past me and I heard him say"what a waste of film"

f866e617.jpg

0061c6af.jpg

012_9A.jpg

disney photographers in the picture instead of taking it..

021_18-vi.jpg

Ratpack: I'd also guess Spaceship Earth... from underneath, perhaps?

Nice shot...exactly the kind of creativity I'd like to see. Got any more 'where in the world' ones?

IwasatWDWforamonth:

bird mural: where is that?
fish: now that's just ugly (the food, not the picture quality) - where was that taken? was it served that way or did you 'add to it'?

Thanks... keep 'em coming!

photos3sv.jpg

Disney Photographers at the Magic Kingdom. 2 Canon G5's taken by a Canon G3.

This photo sorta defines the kind of bizarre things I take photos of at WDW. I drive family crazy. "Stop taking a picture of that trash can and keep up"

a word of warning - when you have kids with you, you will find you spend more time taking photos of them, than when you are there by yourself or your partner.

there are so many things at disney parks to shoot. i have shots of pretty much every item on your list - after awhile you start to see things how your camera might see them, instead of how your brain tells you you are seeing it. you will then find that you start taking lots of things, from different angles. your kids will get impatient at first, then start to point out things. you will definitely take lots of shots that don't work, but you will also find that you get an eye for the things that do work.

there are so many beautiful plants in the parks - you could easily spend hours just taking them
l62.jpg

there are also many water features
l111.jpg

then there are so many little subtle things that people don't really appreciate or see, yet with out them it would render the experience rather empty
l46.jpg

and there are things that are just interesting to you - to help you remember the day
l209.jpg

then of course there are things like unhappy kids , sleeping husbands , and mums having fun :rotfl:

Some more random stuff, click to enlarge

Monorail controls

A little pool behind the Flametree BBQ. My (then) 3 year old watched those ducks while we enjoyed our meal.

detail of Christmas decorations in a gift shop at the Animal Kingdom

Disney family crest on the castle (Fantasyland side)

a main street perspective you dont see in postcards

A rare sight, an almost empty fantasyland

Panorama of the pool at the Poly

Flag retreat at the Magic Kingdom, not only something most tourist dont photograph, most dont know it exists.

Very nice, Obli0... you have a very good eye.

Hey, where is that waterfall? and tools?

p.s. the kids are already impatient with me... waiting for me to take pictures... sounds so familiar, eh? ;)

IwasatWDWforamonth said:
The fish-permanently attached to a table in Mexico :)

the mural is in pizzafari

Interesting... this is cool, because now this gives me some new things to look for when I go. I can't wait. :yay:

the waterfall and tools are in tokyo disneyland - without kids, it's easy to spend time framing and retaking. there are quite a few in all of the parks.

rtphokie - very nice photos. I especially like the one of your son by the lake... good angle. I will have to try to remember things like that. What kind of lens did you use at the Poly pool?

Mickey88 - nice photos, too. Where is the white Mickey head?

Obli0 - more great ones... Let's see, a light in the ground, <i have no idea!>, a water fountain (hey, the backside of water!), and a guest at, perhaps Tokyo DL?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!