show lottery hints ?

wongck

24hrs flying to get to DLR and WE MADE IT !!!
So does anyone have any idea of how the allocation of winners to which show?
As in show assignments are random or it fills in for the next coming show until it is full and then move to the next show?

SgtTibbs

RunDisney'er
Based on my experience:

It does not seem to matter how early you try. We did it first thing (happy-15) and were rejected every time over three days.

gelatoni fan

Mouseketeer
My advice is to go on a day with fewer people and pick a time that is less popular. The system knows how many people are entering the lottery and how many slots are available. I've never won when the parks were at capacity but I've been able to win multiple shows on days when crowds were low.

Estimating show time popularity is an imperfect science but you may have higher chances if you try for a show that will conflict in time with a once a day parade/show. Obviously that means you will be sacrificing your opportunity to watch that once a day parade/show. If you want the most chances at winning the lottery, stay in the official hotels to buy the park hoppers. That way you can try the lotteries for all the shows in both parks which gives you double the chances to win something on any given day.

• Agent 86

DIS Veteran
    It *seems* like dumb luck to me (entered multiple times over multiple trips and only "won" once).

I'm pretty sure the first show of the day is still "standby" only, so that's an option if you really want to see one of the shows.

wongck

Saw some youtube on the process... but they seems old from 2013 mostly. Does it allow you to select which show time you want to join ?
    I am targeting a particular show due to my plan.

wongck

It *seems* like dumb luck to me (entered multiple times over multiple trips and only "won" once).
    I'm pretty sure the first show of the day is still "standby" only, so that's an option if you really want to see one of the shows.
    mmmm.... so chances are bad.
    I better pencil in a standby first show in my plan, may be it's just better to "do" that 1st show.
    I suppose the 1st show of all the lottery shows are "standby", right?

gelatoni fan

Mouseketeer
    You pick the time for the show you want to watch. These days Let's Party Gras is all lottery. The parade and seasonal night show at TDL are often all lottery also. Other shows such as Big Band Beat or the seasonal harbor show at Disenysea will often have the first show as "standby".

• wongck

Thanks Gelatoni fan !
    This is useful info for me.

Haley R

With all the strength of a raging fire
    We were lucky enough to get big band beat twice and let’s party gras once on our four day trip. We always chose the latest show time. I’m not sure if that makes a difference. We never rushed there either. I think we usually went to the lottery buildings an hour or two after park opening.

• Connect

Disney News and Updates

Get Daily Email Updates