Shout out to Universal - handicapped parking deck is wonderful

disneywithfive

Mouseketeer
I don’t know about other decks but the handicapped one was terrible for such a long time. Sometimes you couldn’t even get through the lanes as there wasn’t room - the back ends of the vehicles were so close to one another. Just realized yesterday that all this has been fixed. But when? It’s not been very long ago since we were there. Plus, you can’t even see the old parking lines. A fantastic job AND much needed. For reference, this deck is to the left.

By terrible you mean not ADA compliant or safe, despite it being a 30-year-old law and those garages newer. A lot of their stuff isn’t ADA compliant or safe for disabled guests including the crosswalks near those parking garages. I almost got hit 6 times during my last two trips while legally in crosswalks.

I totally agree the parking spots are awfully close and that is if you get one. I wish they would offer free valet for those with a Handicap placard.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter