Should we wait?

mandy5796

Mouseketeer
Please can some one advise me whether we should book resturants before we go ( fri 5th Oct) or will be be ok doing it when we check in?

Also, thinking of going to the following places Plaza for character tea, Steakhouse, Annettes Diner, Rainforest Cafe and maybe Mickey Cafe can i pre book all of these or are some of them turn up and wait?

What number do i need to call if i do it from home?

Is it too restricting to book a time and have to stick to it would it be better to just be more relaxed about things and play it by ear.

Sorry for all the questions

P.S It's our first time and we are so excited but i'm trying to do some foward planning to be organised but fear i'm being a little too controling is it better to have detailed plans or just go with it, worried we will miss something major if i dont plan it in.

Any tips and advice would be hugely helpful.
:banana: :banana: :banana:

Hi,

You can't book Annettes Diner or the Rainforest Cafe, they don't accept bookings in advance.

You can book in advance for the other restaurants you are considering. I have booked Cafe Mickey for our first evening, only because I know the time we want to go (7.45pm) is likely to be busy (its just after the park closes) and we do want to experience Cafe Mickey.

The rest of our meals, I'm not booking.

The number to call to book restaurants in advance is 0033 160 304050.

Having said that, if you want the Good Morning Fantasyland breakfast in the park (if you are eligible for it) I would book that in advance (on the Disney hotel booking line), as its subject to availability, and there may be no availability left when you check into your hotel.

Elaine

Everything that Elaine just said! It is a good idea to book for Cafe Mickey, if you're planning to eat there after the parks close, as there will be a lot of people queueing up hoping to get a table there. That happens at Annettes, where they don't take bookings, so it might be worth leaving the park before closing time if you really want to eat there, but don't want to queue!! And if you definitely want to eat at a particular restaurant on a particular day, then it's worth ringing before you go - otherwise you should be fine booking on the day itself. :)

Many thanks, what is the good morning fantasyland breakfasts? how do i know if i am able to access it, is it worth doing?

Which hotel are you staying at, and when are you at DLP?

If you're staying at a selected Disney onsite hotel (Santa Fe, Cheyenne, Seqouia Lodge, or Newport Bay Club), you can have Good Morning Fantasyland breakfast in the park (usually in Fantasyland) instead of at your hotel. There is no extra charge for this.

I've booked 2 GMF breakfasts for my stay later this week. I also have morning Extra Magic Hours both those days, so I'm intending being at the park at 8am, do some of the rides which are open during EMH, then having breakfast in the park with GMF around 9.15. That way, I'll have made the most of my EMH, and also will not be having to have breakfast at some ungodly hour at the hotel beforehand. So, I'll be raring to go for rope-drop at 10!

If you get a GMF breakfast, and there is no morning EMH that day, you get into Fantasyland before 10am. Have breakfast, and then you are at the head of the queues for the rides in Fantasyland. Some of the rides start up before 10am, so you could even get in a couple of them before the official opening of the park at 10.

I'd recommend GMF, if you can get it.

Elaine

Hi

Everytime we have been we have never booked any of your chosen restaurants. We always leave about half an hour before the park closes you then beat the rush.

Have a lovely time
Lisa

Ohhhhhh sounds good Elaine thanks, we are going this friday 5th Oct till Mon 8th Oct i think the EMH thing is on for us and we are staying at the Seqouia Lodge.
Trying not to sound daft but what is included for this breakfast? and which venues is it at?
and did you say it didn't cost anything?
Do you know which rides will be open early?
Which number do i need to call or can i book when i check in?
Thanks for all the info i feel such a novice!!!

Hi,

If you have morning EMH, this is whats open (someone else just posted it on another thread :goodvibes )

Morning Extra Magic Hours
Attractions
Le Chateau de la Belle au Bois Dormant
Les Voyages de Pinocchio
Le Carrousel de Lancelot
Peter Pan's Flight
Dumbo the Flying Elephant
Mad Hatter's Tea Cups
Buzz Lightyear Laser Blast
Orbitron - Machines Volantes
Space Mountain: Mission 2

Restaurants
Market House Deli
Cable Car Bake Shop
Au Chalet de la Marionnette
Pizzeria Bella Notte

It looks like you have EMH each morning of your stay, so that list should be the same for each day.

Yes, GMF is free. You phone the Disney booking line 08705 030303 to get GMF added to your booking. Last time we had GMF, it was at the Bella Notte, but I've also seen it held this year at Chalet de la Marionette. Its continental breakfast, croissants, cereals, hot and cold drinks, cold meats, cheeses, fruit, yoghurts etc. Plenty of choice, and very filling.

Elaine

Hi mandy5796
Just to add to previous advice, if do prebook your restaurants and change your mind, you can cancel or change the booking without any problems at any time, either with the restaurant itself, via hotel room phone, with Consierge or at City Hall.
The restaurants only hold your reservation for 15 minutes after the chosen time so if you're held up, bare that in mind.

Hope you have a lovely trip.:goodvibes

Thanks everyone! so glad i found this place, it;s such a help, soooooooooo excited my ds 4.5 keeps telling me to calm down mummy we aren't there yet!!!!

Sorry me again!!!! eventually managed to book my GMF breakfasts, i couldn't do it myself directly as we had gone through an agent!! but forgot to ask about the GMF breakfast times, is it anytime between 8.00 and 10.00am?

NEWS FLASH
Travel agent just phoned me to say you cant pre book GMF breakfast you can only do it when you get there and check in??? is that right?? what should i do?
I got myself all excited about it and added it to my ( very sad) daily schedule! and now sulking!!

That could be correct mandy, I've not booked through a travel agent, so couldn't say for definite.

Fingers crossed you get some GMF breakfast slots when you check in then :goodvibes . I didn't prebook GMF last time I went (February, midweek) and managed to get them when I checked into the Santa Fe.

Elaine

Some tour operators don't offer the GMF, Leger who we are booked with is one of them.
Because of this when we went in March I emailed Sequoia Lodge myself and got a lovely reply saying that it would be sorted, however, when we checked in there was no record of the GMF, even so we managed to get one for the Sunday of our stay and that was during the press weekend which was very, very busy. If you would like to try contacting SL I have the email address somewhere. :)

I wouldn't worry to much about it, for us at least it has always just been a means of getting into the park early and getting the Fantasyland rides done before the crowds. With the introduction of EMH, I think we might just opt for a nice early breakfast at SL ( the breakfast at SL is far more relaxed than the GMF's which are a bit of a free for all) and then wander over to the park ready for the EMH opening. :banana:

Cheers guys, feeling better now, have decided it's not a huge thing in the scheme of things!! and will enjoy ourselves no matter what xx

just a quick tip Mandy.... when Ive been to DLP before the lines outside of Rainforest cafe, Annettes diner and sometimes Planet Hollywood are awful at closing time, its best to leave an half an hour to an hour or so before the park closes so you dont have to wait too long. Annettes diner is definately my fav restaurant as well, its so warm and friendly and if your lucky they do dances on tables and stuff!

Also if your going soon advise to pack warm clothes... it gets very cold at christmas time!
enjoy yourself! im highly jealous!

edit: oh just realised you leave today... hopefully this will find you in time. If not hope you had a good visit!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter