Should we stay at a Disney world resort a night before our cruise?

If you're just getting there the night before I'd stay at the airport or closer to the port. We've stayed at WDW before a cruise, but it was a few days before and we had some park time. WDW isn't particularly close to the port, and IMO it's not worth staying there before a cruise if you're not going to be going to the parks at all.

Wow! This is way more complicated than I knew. For what it's worth, we came from the SF Bay Area and arrived three days before our cruise. Up until a week before we were staying in Port Canaveral. Our reasoning was it's a long flight with a time change, let's stay at the hotel a few nights and let the kids have fun and get a bit acclimated. At the last minute we cancelled PC and scooped up a 1 bedroom at Kidani. It was the best vacation decision we have ever made, bar none! Honestly, we all had a better time at Kidani than we did on the cruise.

One thing I would never do again is fly back the same day as debarkation. It was pretty brutal. There's only two direct flights back and they're both at the end of the day. We were delayed hours and ending up getting home 22 hours after we woke up to get off the ship.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter