Should we or shouldn't we rent a car?

sweetcanadian

Mouseketeer
My aunt who went to disneyworld last year told me we should just use disney buses but here is what i have planned, wanting to know if a car would be worth the 400 or so to rent.

I have 3-4 character breakfasts, some are early.

We want to go to all the parks including both water parks.

We want to go back to the resort every afternoon.

We want to go to dtd a few nights while there.

We are going offsite one day shopping.

Would it be worth it to have a car at our convienience? We are staying at csr.

Thank you.

For what you describe, I would rent a car. (I'm a big fan of having my own car onsite, though.)

Ok, what about fox rentals? They are the cheapest by at least 30-40$ (which can be spent in gas instead)

$400 seems awfully high. I'd do some shopping around for a better rate.

Renting a car seems to make sense in your case. Usually we don't rent a car but we also don't run around as much as you seem to be planning.

Depending on the time of day you are going to DTD, be aware parking can be terrible. Taking a bus could be easier.

It sounds like renting a car would be a good choice for you.

There is a reason Fox is cheaper than many other rental car agencies. Their cars are older. They are offsite (not located at the airport). My one experience with them (in Las Vegas) was not impressive. It took over an hour waiting in a huge line to get a car. They have been discussed here before, a search should find these threads.

It sounds like renting a car would be a good choice for you.

There is a reason Fox is cheaper than many other rental car agencies. Their cars are older. They are offsite (not located at the airport). My one experience with them (in Las Vegas) was not impressive. It took over an hour waiting in a huge line to get a car. They have been discussed here before, a search should find these threads.

actually not that easy, you have to read through other crap to get anything useful lol.

There is a newer company come out that looks promising. Sixt, not many have used them yet but i will watch them.

$350 is about average for august for 9 days all across the board it seems but i am hoping to find a better deal.

Sound like with that schedule, you'll probably be better off renting a car. However before you make your final decision, don't forget about taxis. None of those trips would be more than $20. Once you firm up the cost for the rental, divide that by 20 to see how many taxis you could take. We usually take a taxi a couple of times when we're at WDW. We enjoy the vacation from driving.

I agree with PPs that $400 is high. I see that your trip isn't until August. Typically, the best car rental rates can be found a month or so before your actual date. Keep checking as your trip gets closer, and look for coupons and other deals on Mousesavers.com.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter