Should we go early June or stick with March?

dimimi

DIS Veteran
We were planning on going to Disney over our Spring Break, (which does not include Easter.) We went this time last year and the resort and parks had little crowds. However, this year, I waited too long and I can't use my frequent flyer miles. So my question is....has anyone gone in early June. We are off of school on June 4th, so we could go then. Were the crowds manageable? I've heard rain, crowds and heat are sometimes a problem. I'd appreciate any advice. We may end up driving in March! Thanks

Hi Dimimi, I like March better. While I've never gone in June I visited in May and yes the parks get very hot, there were some days it was in the high 90's. For a northerner this is hot. We did hit a few showers in May and I think they become more frequent in June.

I also think the parks become more crowded in June.

Like Mamu, I have never been in June - and wouldn't want to!!!

I have been in March and the weather is very comfortable - a little rain here and there - but that could happen during any month.

I think your crowd potential is lower in March - especially if it is not Easter week.

To me, the heat just saps some of the fun out of the whole thing and you just don't want to do as much. So..... I vote for driving in March!

Went June 10-17 2003. Crowds moderate. Storm shower almost every evening for about 45 min. Gay days I believe are the first week of june I understand MK is way crowded then. I would go again in June.

I've been in May, March and 2nd week of June. We did not enjoy June and won't do it again unless we have to. I rained alot, seemed more crowded. I can't explain it just none of us enjoyed it as much as may or march.

I would go with june.March is entirely too crowded for me.
You can make the heat mroe bearable by going back to the resort to swim for a while in the hottest part of the afternoon.

When we've gone March was less crowded than june.

Dimimi, I was contemplating the exact same thing. We had been planning to drive exactly when the kids get out of school on May 27th (hoping to beat some of the other "after-school-is-out" crowds). Then I thought, I just couldn't wait that long - What about spring break which is the 3rd week in March. But on the Park attractions and strategies board there is a posting on spring break dates and Orlando is the exact same week. So that's one strike against March. Then, of course that falls into Peak season - more expensive. That's strike two. The 3rd strike made the decision moot. Looks like my department will be "blacked out" for vacation that week.

I know the weather is more pleasant in March, but it can also sometimes be on the cool side, and I want to enjoy some quality pool time while there. Our plan is to do traveling on that first Saturday, chill on Sunday and attack the parks Mon-Fri. That way we avoid the weekend crowd.

We have been at both times. We, like the other posts, prefer March largely due to cooler weather. However, we have been the first week of June several times and the crowds were very manageable. Last year in early June it was sort of cloudy & unusually cool--so we got lucky. We have also been in prior years the first week of June and the crowds aren't too bad. Not nearly as bad as July/August. Also, most of the east coast is still in school the first week of school so you beat some of the after school crowd. So, bottom line, prefer March, but you can make early June work. (Also, parks are open later in June so you can afford an afternoon pool break and then go bk later.) Good luck!

Thanks everyone for your suggestions! We are off the last week in March until April 2nd. Last year we didn't wait more than 30 minutes for a ride, in fact, most of the time it was 15 minutes or less. We liked that we didn't wait long...but June would have longer hours, the parks closed early. We also had great weather in March, we swam every day.

Thanks for your advice, maybe I'll call the airlines and see if we even have the option to use our miles in June. That may make the decision early.

Also, thanks for suggestion the strategy board...I'll check spring break and June events.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter