Should we change to FW Cabins?

I'd say FW if you can swing the $$. I love going over there to HDDR. We have a car as well, but always take the bus to MK and then boat to FW. Having that access to MK and the monorail is really handy, if you ask me. We left POR on the bus to MK, took the boat to FW and were there in 30 minutes. Granted that was probably optimal, but still even our return boat to bus back was really efficient.

Now, at the values, if they offer FD, it is counter service, which may work better for your family since the sit downs were cumbersome time-wise for you. The suite at ASMu does look like it would be nice; but, if you don't get FD, then having the kitchen at the cabins would be so handy, so I still lean toward that way, I guess. I'd like to stay there and we only have DD and thought POR got crowded! LOL

We've gotten a lot of great suggestions on here thus far, and all things considered we're really leaning towards FW Cabins. I like the idea of having my own kitchen...even if we only use it for lunchmeat and frozen pizzas! I was all set to change and spent 1.5 hours on hold today not realizing the AP fiasco. Never got through, and I finally hung up. So, as of now we're still at POR until I can find a better time to call. :)

If by some chance I did get FD, then I'd do a value for the CS. I think all in all, I'm hoping a better AP discount comes out for the moderates (better than the PIN I currently have & GP offers), but I don't think I've ever seen a better discount than 30% on moderates for AP. Wishful thinking, I suppose...

If its about the same price as a family suite, I'd pick the FW cabin. The experience your kids will have there will be unforgettable.

I was all set to change and spent 1.5 hours on hold today not realizing the AP fiasco. Never got through, and I finally hung up. So, as of now we're still at POR until I can find a better time to call. :)

Try at 7am... or late, late at night. It's crazy right now.

If by some chance I did get FD, then I'd do a value for the CS. I think all in all, I'm hoping a better AP discount comes out for the moderates (better than the PIN I currently have & GP offers), but I don't think I've ever seen a better discount than 30% on moderates for AP. Wishful thinking, I suppose...

30% on mods, uh, yep, that's pretty nice. Wouldn't look for anything to come out higher, I think you're right.

Can't beat the feel of the campgroud. Friendly people, eat on your deck, the pool with the slide, etc. is awsome. The two store are fun and the boat to MK is fun also. Would love to have you join us at the campground.

With kids, IMO you can't beat Fort Wilderness. I grew up going there as my parents have always had campers and I love it. There is so much to do there, the pool is great, there are the horses, playgrounds, biking, fishing, campfire and movie, I could go in and on. It also has a boat direct to Contemporary so that is very convenient as well! We have gone on trips there and never even gone to the parks! We are staying in a cabin one night in December before we start free dining at POR and I honestly wish we could afford to stay at FW the whole week!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!