Should I use Avis or National @ TPA?

MickeyCrazed

DIS Veteran
We are flying into TPA in December (new experience). I usually rent from Alamo or National, but I understand you have to take a shuttle at TPA. I'm trying to avoid that even though I understand that it is only a short ride.

My concern is that I've never used Avis before. Do you know if they make you walk around the car and inspect for damage? That's one thing I love about National and Alamo... just get in the car and go!:car:

My concern is that I've never used Avis before. Do you know if they make you walk around the car and inspect for damage? That's one thing I love about National and Alamo... just get in the car and go!:car:
What are you talking about!?! You should ALWAYS inspect your car when you rent or you may be held liable for someone else's damage. There is always a little hang tag where you mark down any damage before you leave.

As for your question ... I would rent from whoever is cheaper. Join us over on the December car rental thread for some good codes :).

When we fly into Tampa and leave out of Orlando, we always rent a car with Dollar. Their rates are usually good and they have locations right inside both airports. We prefer not to use an agency with a shuttle when possible.Don't forget to sign up with them , as it saves time waiting in line.

My family and I have always rented with Avis at both Orlando International and Tampa International and always had great service from them, plus we have not had great experiences with National. Also whenever we have returned our cars to Avis one of their employees always walks around the car making sure everything is ok.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter