Should I rent or bring my own stroller?

moonsky

Earning My Ears
Sorry I am a newbie for this forum. I am not sure exacting where to put this post. I normally brought my own stroller to DSL. For DSW trip, we need to fly. I actually like to use our stroller but am concern that it might be stolen. Should I rent a stroller or bring a lock?

I would rent one, if you don't need to use one at the airport, definitely rent from one of the many companies that will drop the stroller at the hotel and it will be waiting for you, I won't be worried about someone stealing my stroller at Disney, my worries are the weather it can pour at any time in Florida and ruin yours, remember this when renting one they do rent the rain shield too, another option depending of your child age, is getting one from Walmart they sell a very cute Mickey or Minnie umbrella stroller for less than $20, and umbrella strollers are very good when using Disney Buses they fold easier than full sized ones

Stroller theft is a genuine concern. Renting a stroller means that you won't have access to the stroller until you're at the actual park. This could be an issue if you have a long way to travel to get to the park each day. What we did when my kids were real little was buy a cheap umbrella stroller that we didn't care too much about, so if anything happened to it, it wouldn't be a big deal. Back then, they only cost about $15-20.

We rented from Kingdom Strollers this past June - they delivered it to AoA, all we had to do is pick it up when we arrived at the Resort. It came with a rain cover (an important item...) and a small bag "cooler" for free. (like an insulated bag you get at grocery check out counters...but small) We bought the insurance because we were worried about it being stolen or damaged. total for 8 days was about $85 - well worth not dragging our own all the way to Florida. Great to have with out 4 year old for sure! At the end of the stay, we dropped it off at bell services at AoA where we picked it up. Easy!

It depends how long you are going for. We bought a stroller from Target for $50 in Orlando and have used it for the last 3 trips and it will be coming with us again this year (not needed at home as too big for one at home but needs one to make it round all the parks without any moaning!). The airline carry it for free and as we go for 15-17 nights each year it's much, much cheaper than renting from Disney. Although one adult in the party dreams of hiring a double stroller at WDW so she can get in as well. I suppose I would be the one pushing :worried:

I bought an inexpensive used stroller at home and brought it to Disney World with us. I was more worried about it getting damaged on the airplane than I was it being stolen. It made it through just fine and we are getting ready to take it on another trip with us in December.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter