should i regret the boardwalk??

mmesalmon

Earning My Ears
hello all! my son and i are on our 5th year at wdw and for 3 of 4 we have stayed at the beach club! decided to "switch it up" this year and booked a deluxe room-club level at the boardwalk inn. have seen some recent "not so great reviews" of the inn....should i be concerned??????

thanks!!!!!
:confused:

I have stayed both and I don't think you will be dissapointed or regret it. I did prefer the BC but I also liked the BW side being closer to the action and activity. I really enjoyed the CL at BW, great fireworks view if you don't happen to be at Epcot when they are going off. The food offerings were very good in my opinon. The one thing that I had a hard time with.....we were down at the end of the super long hallway and it was freezing (I forget our room number but we faced the quiet pool) I don't mean just cold, but so bitterly cold that we dreaded it each time to and from the room lol Plus our room was a long walk to the elevator. Enjoy it!!
ps...we stayed in 12/09.

so good to hear! also, TOTALLY know what you are talking about (long hallway). it has become a running joke with me and my son b/c EVERY year it seems like we are as far away from the elevator as you could possibly be!!!!!

The CL rooms, the staff and the food offerings are really really good at BWI. We just got back from a trip there and enjoyed it a lot. You will love the deluxe room too - it's huge! :cloud9:

The CL rooms, the staff and the food offerings are really really good at BWI. We just got back from a trip there and enjoyed it a lot. You will love the deluxe room too - it's huge! :cloud9:
GREAT!!! just clicked over to your post! love the picture of your son (i assume) laid out on the sofa!!! great pic of the room!! check in is 57 days away and cant wait!!!!!!!!!!!

The Boardwalk is an amazing place to stay and their Club Level Cast Members are among the best you will ever meet, plus their Deluxe Room is spectacular since it comes with a view of the Boardwalk. I also stayed in one last month and it was better then expected.

The Boardwalk is an amazing place to stay and their Club Level Cast Members are among the best you will ever meet, plus their Deluxe Room is spectacular since it comes with a view of the Boardwalk. I also stayed in one last month and it was better then expected.
so good to hear!!!!!!!! anything you consider a "must do"!! have to be honest, we've been to the bc 3yrs in a row and havent made it over there.....

so good to hear!!!!!!!! anything you consider a "must do"!! have to be honest, we've been to the bc 3yrs in a row and havent made it over there.....
I would try to walk along the Boardwalk in the evenings to watch the various acts from 6:00 PM - 10:00 PM.

I absolutley love the boardwalk and would stay there everytime as I love the cleanliness, great CM'S, location, and the overall theme of the resort. Feel at ease that this is your resort you chose and would be very surprised if you didn't like your stay.

BWI is probably tied with Poly for being my favorite Disney resort. Sooo great!! My mom is NOT a Disney person and just raved about the place. You will be glad you chose it. I had the same reservations about staying there for the first time last year but now I wish I could go back (it's booked during my travel dates). Enjoy!

Yes, the halls can be long. But, that's for a few rooms. And cold??? I used to think so, until I stayed at VWL. I wanted to put on a sweater every time I had to be in the halls...and that was in mid-August!!!

The BW is a lovely resort - I really enjoyed the theming and heading out in the evening to watch the activity. When we stayed there, the rooms were a bit dated, but very clean and now it's been remodeled, so I am looking forward to staying again on our next trip (not yet planned but definitely being thought of!).

I also enjoyed the Belle Vue Lounge in the mornings when we stayed there. Many folks don't realize it's there and think that you have to go outdoors for breakfast, but they have a nice continental breakfast selection and it was great for something quick before heading out. LOL - just reread your post and realized your staying CL so no need for this lounge! Well, maybe someone else will find the info useful...

AKL is my first favorite resort, but BWI is a very close second. I just love being so close to everything. Its funny, I don't care for the BC at all because it always feels sooooooo crowded. Its a good thing Disney has something for everyone.

You are going to LOVE the deluxe rooms---so spacious, with that wonderful view of the lake. Make sure to stroll the boardwalk at night and catch all the entertainment....or sit on your balcony and watch the people at night! It's also nice to catch the higher fireworks from EPCOT from the balcony of the Innkeeper's Club lounge. The clown slide is great, and the quiet pool with its hot tub are usually near-empty.

So glad to read all these positive reviews -and there are a lot on other threads too! We are staying bwi cl for the first time next month. Now looking even more forward to it!

You are going to LOVE the deluxe rooms---so spacious, with that wonderful view of the lake. Make sure to stroll the boardwalk at night and catch all the entertainment....or sit on your balcony and watch the people at night! It's also nice to catch the higher fireworks from EPCOT from the balcony of the Innkeeper's Club lounge. The clown slide is great, and the quiet pool with its hot tub are usually near-empty.
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thank you all for your great replies! this community never fails...my son and i do these trips solo and has become a tradition for us and something we BOTH look forward to!! guess the anxiety of "change" got me a bit.......

hello all! my son and i are on our 5th year at wdw and for 3 of 4 we have stayed at the beach club! decided to "switch it up" this year and booked a deluxe room-club level at the boardwalk inn. have seen some recent "not so great reviews" of the inn....should i be concerned??????

thanks!!!!!
:confused:

I'm considering it for our up-coming trip in May. Love this area. Would love to hear about your stay after you return. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter