Should I make a plan B...actually Plan D...for March?

thetasigma1186

Earning My Ears
Hello!

Last March I had all our plans for a March 13th Disneyland trip. We all know that didn't happen! So I changed the trip to August...nope! Now, I have flights once again for March 14th. Do you think there will be any hope to go in March or should I just scrap this again? 🤔

Thanks for the advice!!

~Matt

Personally I would scrap it. Our original plan was to possibly go sometime in May to celebrate my parents 70th birthdays and their 50th anniversary. I scrapped that and they don't even want to go at all this year. Possibly in 2022. We are going with friends in October now and I'm nervous even for that trip to happen. I mean maybe DL will open in the next few months but it seems like a long shot in my opinion. If you can plan something for later in the year I would definitely so that.

I moved my flights to June this week. I booked a hotel in LA but I'm not booking an Anaheim hotel just yet. I am hopeful, right now that in 6 months time that I will be able to travel to California but I'm not so sure about Disneyland being open. If I can travel and Disneyland is still closed, I will just stay longer in LA.

March is only about six weeks away. I would not plan on the parks being open at that time. Also just a thought... expectations are that when the parks do open there will be limited entry based on reservations. I would hope that they would give preference to guests staying onsite (if the hotels open), then the Good Neighbor Hotels, especially if they have packages. If you're staying on site you have a good chance of getting in the parks, but if you aren't then there is a chance that you won't be able to get reservations. Even with the cancellation of APs I think that people will be clamoring to get into the parks when they first open.

Good luck on your planning. I hope everything works out for you to have a wonderful visit.

You should definitely reschedule. The prediction is that the current surge in cases in Southern California will peak by the end of January. It will take at least 6 weeks (probably more like 8) after that for the case count to be low enough and ICU capacity to be high enough for the regional stay at home order to be lifted. At that point, Orange County will likely still be in the most restrictive tier. I think there is a sliver of a chance Disneyland might be open by the summer, but I think fall is more realistic.

Well dang! Not one optimist! :) I just hate the thought of delaying longer but it is probably the right call. Had reservations at CGH but of course those are gone...and you are right, may be hard to get in IF they open in March.

No chance. Just canceled ours for April which has to be the 30th trip I've canceled since this started.

something to consider, most CMs now have around 10-12 weeks of unemployment left after the latest extension (I believe this is accurate, if not, then push out by the latest extension), assuming it doesn't get extended again. At that time something will have to happen, not saying the parks will be opened at that point, just that something will have to give. There aren't enough jobs available in the area to take on that many employees and they could barely afford living off unemployment, so something must give somewhere.

But that does go past March, so I am going to say April may be a possibility, but it is equally possible unemployment gets extended again.

The bottom line is I think the theme parks will have to reopen when unemployment finally runs out.

something to consider, most CMs now have around 10-12 weeks of unemployment left after the latest extension (I believe this is accurate, if not, then push out by the latest extension), assuming it doesn't get extended again. At that time something will have to happen, not saying the parks will be opened at that point, just that something will have to give. There aren't enough jobs available in the area to take on that many employees and they could barely afford living off unemployment, so something must give somewhere.

But that does go past March, so I am going to say April may be a possibility, but it is equally possible unemployment gets extended again.

The bottom line is I think the theme parks will have to reopen when unemployment finally runs out.

They can't reopen until they are allowed to reopen. I don't think unemployment benefits are the consideration.

I had to fly to CA last week for medical. And they're requiring anyone to fly in to sign a form online or face a fee and to quarantine unless your there for essential reason. Until both of those go away I don't think DL is going to open.

They can't reopen until they are allowed to reopen. I don't think unemployment benefits are the consideration.
The state will be forced to relent, they can't very well have 40,000 new homeless people at once in the area and that is what would happen, as the moritorium on evictions will have ended as well.

Zero chance. Disneyland is now the biggest vaccination site in Orange County and I expect them to remain a vaccination super site until a sizable portion of Southern California is vaccinated. Currently, only about 5% of the necessary vaccine doses to California have been shipped out. Kaiser who covers over 8 million people in California is getting about 20,000 doses a week. Looking at the rate of vaccination, it's possible Disneyland won't even be able to open this year.

I had to fly to CA last week for medical. And they're requiring anyone to fly in to sign a form online or face a fee and to quarantine unless your there for essential reason. Until both of those go away I don't think DL is going to open.
This only applies if flying into LAX and the mandatory quarantine is only if you will be staying in LA county, if you do not spend the night there, it is only suggested. Yes, words matter out here a lot and you have to read carefully to fully understand and even then you almost need a lawyer to guide you through

Zero chance. Disneyland is now the biggest vaccination site in Orange County and I expect them to remain a vaccination super site until a sizable portion of Southern California is vaccinated. Currently, only about 5% of the necessary vaccine doses to California have been shipped out. Kaiser who covers over 8 million people in California is getting about 20,000 doses a week. Looking at the rate of vaccination, it's possible Disneyland won't even be able to open this year.
It is only the toy story.lot, which likely won't be used for a year or two after reopening

This only applies if flying into LAX and the mandatory quarantine is only if you will be staying in LA county, if you do not spend the night there, it is only suggested. Yes, words matter out here a lot and you have to read carefully to fully understand and even then you almost need a lawyer to guide you through

Well for some reason the flight attendant said we had to do it despite flying into John Wayne. Guess they were on autopilot? Will be interesting to see if it happens again when I have to fly back in March.

I just didn't want to get slapped with a fine. I was there for a reason that falls under the exemption anyway so the quarantine wasn't an issue.

Well for some reason the flight attendant said we had to do it despite flying into John Wayne. Guess they were on autopilot? Will be interesting to see if it happens again when I have to fly back in March.

I just didn't want to get slapped with a fine. I was there for a reason that falls under the exemption anyway so the quarantine wasn't an issue.
Yeah, you might still have to fill out the form, but if you read it, it says should quarantine, not must, again key wording difference.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter