Should I grab $210 rate from Detroit to Orlando for next yr?

Thanks for the info. I just went to the website and I guess it is for travel through Sept. 2001. We are going to WDW in Feb 2002. I think I am just looking a little to early. We just got back from WDW a month ago and because of these darn DIS boards, I am obsessed with WDW and am already making plans for next year! :eek:

We've booked the same week as you for Feb. 2002 so I too am looking for cheap airfare from DTW to MCO, think it's still a little early though. We were looking at leaving the 15th instead of the 16th though, maybe even the 14th if that is the last day of Value season again so we can lock in that rate for the week (I think the AP discount ended then too this year). Email me (icon below) and we can search for airare together. ~ :) ~

I too am obsessed by these boards. My trip is in Nov so I guess it's not too crazy to be searching for airfare. However, I'm looking for a new job so I don't even know where I will want to fly out of by then!!!
I probably won't really worry about it until around Aug-Sept. This will be my 3rd year in a row. The first, I bought my airfare about a month in advance DTW-MCO for $144. The second, I couldn't find any deals even close to that, I think I ended up paying ~$200 FNT-MCO.(cheaper than from Detroit even though I had to stop there and had the same flight DTW-MCO, very strange!)

Are you planning on staying at a Holiday Inn anytime before Sept 2001? I think it was on the Budget Board....there was info about a voucher that you present if you stay before Sept 30 and you get a coupon for a "companion flies free" deal. I think the flights are good anytime through 2002, but don't quote me on that.
Something to look into....
www.holiday-inn.com/flyfree

In August 1999 I flew on one of the local charter companies for $99/rt. Last year in August flew for $125 on ProAir with Guaranteed seating (at least as guaranteed as it could be with them on the brink of bankrupt.

Kurt from MI

CB 1995
Vero/ASMov 1999
DVC joined 1999
OKW 1999
HH 1999
Disneyland Paris 2000
Vero/DCL/BW 2000
HH Dec 2000
AKL Concierge/DCL Magic July 7/Vero July 2001

To SuzyQue and TravelSheryl:

I did an impulsive thing last night. Priceline.com e-mailed me and I clicked on the link and I put in my bid for Airfare for my week (Feb 16-23, 2002 - BUSY President's week) and they accepted my bid of $160 per person (plus all taxes and service charges, etc...)

Please tell me I got a good deal!
We fly out of Detroit Metro and Stop in Chicago and then on to TAMPA (I put Tampa airport in as a choice to increase my chances). We leave at 10:43 am for Departure and (here is the bad part) We leave TAMPA at 8:10 am - Yuck! Well, I guess it could have been worse.

I wish I weren't so impulsive - I did it all while my husband was at Home Depot (so he had no input) - although we have discussed all of this. He has no problem with this (He is Wonderful).

I wanted to tell you, SuzyQue, in case this sounds good to you. I know that you are going the same week that we are going.

TravelSheryl, Do you think I did well? The total comes to $193 per person (with tax and Serv. charge). I also bought the Travel Ins for $10 per person (which brings it to $203).

I forgot to say that the Airline is UNITED. After priceline accepted my bid, I checked on the cost of that exact same flight and it is $331 per person (with taxes already included). Mine (with taxes) is $193 pp. So that is a savings of $138 per person ($552 savings for all 4 of us).
Then, just for the heck of it, I checked Spirit and theirs is even higher - $286 per person! From what I understand, Spirit is usually the cheapest.

As others said earlier on this thread, it was too early for you to buy this ticket because the low fare carriers are not yet selling your travel dates so the fares currently available are not indicative of what they will ultimately be. Unfortunately, I can't say that you really got a good deal on this one.

From what I've seen of airfare around President's Week, it sounds good to me, but I'm too chicken to go through price line. Plus last trip we booked through a travel agent (charter) and our outgoing flight was Sat. night and our return flight was Sat. morning so we lost 2 precious days of our Disney vacation. So I think I'll wait but thanks for responding. ~ :) ~

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter