Should I do online check-in if going straight to park?

lacy1101

DIS Veteran
In previous trips, I have not done online check-in, but have used the TP fax feature for my room request. For my upcoming trip, my daughter and I will be wanting to just drop our luggage at bell services upon arrival and head straight to a park. Should I do online check-in for this reason? And, if so, should I make the same room requests or just leave it at the TP fax?

I personally would leave it to just TP if you have them sending a fax as you can be more specific via TP than room requests that at times dont make any sense with regard to the resort.

If I'm going to the resort to leave my bags anyway I would go to the front desk and check on my room situation. In 10 minutes or less, you may be able to get everything accomplished then no worries the rest of the day. I use Touring Plans' fax but check-in upon arrival in person to do what I can to secure the room I want.

It is very unlikely that you will have the "same" options to select from when you do Online Check-in as compared to what you could add via TP FAX or by calling to add request to your reservation.

I would make sure to make your requests by calling and having them noted on your reservation & then make sure to have the same ones, in the same order on your TP FAX request. Then just skip selecting any requests on your Onine Check-in.

Dave

Interestingly enough, I can make the same requests online: Love Bug Section, Highest Floor. My TP requests are Building Love Bug, Floor 3. Essentially the same thing, I'm just not requesting a specific room with online check-in.

It sounds like you all are saying I should do online check-in, but no specific room requests, right? I know I still could stop by the front desk to see if a room is ready for us, but this is such a short trip (arriving on Friday, leaving on Sunday), I think we would rather drop our bags at the resort and hop on a bus to the park. Then, hopefully, we'll get a message with our room number and can go straight to our room when we get back to the resort that evening. I guess I just wanted to confirm that I should use online check-in this trip since we actually won't be trying to go to our room until we are finished at the park for the day.

As long as you have the same options on both your Online Check-in and TP FAX you are good to go with completing Online Check-in, selecting the same options as you selected on your TP FAX and then just drop your bags and grab the first bus to the park(s) of your choice.

If your profile properly reflects your cell phone number, you may get a Text at some point with your room number once it is ready for you. Or you may get a Text with a request to stop back by the Front desk when you return to the resort to get your room number.

Note: Online Check-in is great for your situation. A chance to bypass a line at the front desk and just enjoy your time.

Dave

As long as you have the same options on both your Online Check-in and TP FAX you are good to go with completing Online Check-in, selecting the same options as you selected on your TP FAX and then just drop your bags and grab the first bus to the park(s) of your choice.

If your profile properly reflects your cell phone number, you may get a Text at some point with your room number once it is ready for you. Or you may get a Text with a request to stop back by the Front desk when you return to the resort to get your room number.

Note: Online Check-in is great for your situation. A chance to bypass a line at the front desk and just enjoy your time.

Dave

Thanks, Dave! While I usually like to check in personally at the front desk upon arrival, I just thought in this particular situation online check-in would be a good option. :thumbsup2

I did online check-in for CSR next week. I was able to do the TP request and the online checkin matched up so i did them both. I intend to drop my stuff with bell services and head straight to MK. That being said, I don't care what I get room-wise. If I get my request, great. If not I will be happy anyway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter