Should I change my ressie?? HELP

RFrank9504

DIS Veteran
OK annual pass member here...Our family reunion is booked for September. We got our room only reservation savannah view AKL for $174./night we are all good...My parents (not pass members) are coming and they got the same rate we did on a package, but now they are offering free dining at other resorts. Should I cancel my parents ressie & book them a new one at a diff. resort for the free dining?? Help-overwhelmed!:scared:

Too big of a hassle!
And how much can they possibly eat?:confused3

Great rate by the way! Congrats.;)

It sounds like they got a great rate. If you change to free dining they may have to pay full rack rate. But call and check it out it is worth a shot.:goodvibes

How much of a hassle would it be to have your parents at another resort? I think that would be the first question to ask yourself. I know that my in-laws would be like deer caught in the headlights if they weren't even close to us during a vacation. Well, worse than that. They would be the rabbit that goes "tharn". Just freezes up and lets the car run them down.

And wouldn't your parents be the only ones on the free dining? I dunno know. Doesn't seem to be worth it.

I'd call and ask about the price difference for a package with free dining, assuming you're willing to be at a different resort on a reunion trip. (AKL was part of free dining. Are they out of those rooms? Did you ask if any free dining rooms were available in a different room category?)

Keep in mind, though, that an AP rate may be better than free dining at a deluxe. With the value resorts, for instance, the dining is a much bigger percentage of the overall cost and, in real dollars, the room discounts are small. Given the discount at the deluxe, and the fact that you'd only be getting dining for two people if you're only moving your parents, the savings might not be much at all. Also, if the rest of you aren't on the dining plan, and have already made ADRs that don't really suit the dining plan (i.e. multiple signature restaurants, more sit down meals than one per day, etc.), they'd still be paying out of pocket for that. I think it's hard to combine trips when everyone isn't on the same plan.

Good luck! You practically need a degree in physics to figure it all out.

Don't rebook.
AP is usually better and my parents would want to be with us.

Thank you for all of your help-we're keeping the room. Even the DR I spoke to yesterday said its a better discount and a great rate. :lovestruc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter