Should I Cancel My Waitlist?

DisneyDad77!

Earning My Ears
Hi, I am a new DVC member, I have 2 waitlists for a trip 12-17-12-23 for a 2 bedroom villa at Copper Creek and BLT. We are currently booked at Saratoga for the whole trip. Two nights became available at VGF for days 2 and 3 of our stay. I didn't want to lose that opportunity so I booked that. Before I turn this into a weird Split Stay with the 1st day at Saratoga, Days 2 and 3 at VGF and then back to Saratoga I am wondering if I should cancel one of my waitlists and waitlist 12/17 at VGF and hope I can get the first 3 days there and then move. Or do I stick out the waitlist for both BLT and CCV and hope for a full stay there? Any thoughts on what I have a better shot at? We have 5 young children and don't want to keep bouncing from resort to resort and we mainly visit magic kingdom. Any advice would be great, thanks

A single day waitlist has the best chance of being fulfilled. However, you are pretty close to the 30 day mark, and if you cancel a reservation at 30 days or less the points go into holding.

The way I see it you have 14 days for either the one night waitlist or the other waitlist to be fulfilled. Maybe some here would keep checking the RAT. I would stay in SSR the whole time.

Certainly not what you want to hear. With 5 youngsters I would not care to change resorts.

I have eight nights at SSR from January 4-12 and wont think about moving unless I can get the first five nights beginning or end of our trip but I am not one that would like a split stay.

I am constantly stalking the RAT when I can for a last minute monorail cancellation and see that your full week is no longer available for any category at SSR so you will be moving unless your WLs come through. There are many here with a lot more experience than I do since I dont usualy have WL, but I would stalk the days you need as well as put in WL for two individual consecutive days you need.

Maybe you will see some movement the next week or two since points go into holding once the 30 day mark opens up.

Good luck and report back please so we see how you made out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter