Should I buy tickets NOW?

Lkem

Earning My Ears
Our trip is not until September...but I saw the great prices at LMT club and am wondering if I should go ahead and buy our park hopper tickets now? Is there any reason to wait? Or better to buy now in case prices go up again? Or in case they run out of discount tickets at LMT?

Out trip is in June and I purchased them last week through LMT. I didn't want to risk the price increase and our tickets say they are valid through 1/13/18. I saw no reason to wait!

Just make sure you buy the max number of days you think you might use or ask them what the "upgrade value" will be, so there won't be any surprises if you decide to add a day after you get there. Last year when I tried to add a day to the 4 day tickets I bought from Getawaytoday, it was going to be a lot more expensive to upgrade than anticipated. I thought it'd be $15 more a ticket, based on the 4 to 5 day ticket price, and when I tried it found out it was actually going to be more than $45 a ticket.

I was told by the CM, if you buy tickets from somewhere other than Disneyland you should make sure you have the number of days you need. Apparently they don't bridge the price, so you end up having to make up the difference in price between what the ticket's upgrade value is and what current gate price is, essentially losing any discount. From what they said, even if I had bought it from DLR, I would have to make up the price difference if a price increase had occurred. I was not happy.

Just something to keep in mind. It always worked differently than that at WDW. They apparently "bridge" the price, but DLR doesn't.

I bought ours for November a couple weeks ago. I don't think there's going to be a better deal.

Just make sure you buy the max number of days you think you might use or ask them what the "upgrade value" will be, so there won't be any surprises if you decide to add a day after you get there. Last year when I tried to add a day to the 4 day tickets I bought from Getawaytoday, it was going to be a lot more expensive to upgrade than anticipated. I thought it'd be $15 more a ticket, based on the 4 to 5 day ticket price, and when I tried it found out it was actually going to be more than $45 a ticket.

I was told by the CM, if you buy tickets from somewhere other than Disneyland you should make sure you have the number of days you need. Apparently they don't bridge the price, so you end up having to make up the difference in price between what the ticket's upgrade value is and what current gate price is, essentially losing any discount. From what they said, even if I had bought it from DLR, I would have to make up the price difference if a price increase had occurred. I was not happy.

Just something to keep in mind. It always worked differently than that at WDW. They apparently "bridge" the price, but DLR doesn't.

Good to know! I'm going to go with the 5 day. I was actually just going to do 4 day park hoppers, but then realized it would only be $25 more TOTAL for my whole family of 6! Seems like a no brainer to go with the 5 day!

I can't believe this...I had the tickets in my cart...ready to go...went to check out and it was taking forever! So I refreshed my browser and now prices are UP! So it's $100 more expensive for my whole family than earlier today! Ugh, I'm so mad. I called but there was nothing they can do. He said maybe it will be down again tomorrow...but it could also go up more! So now I really don't know what to do!

You could try another ticket seller. Might not be as cheap as LMT was, but cheaper than current prices. Most will sell stock of "old" tickets before raising prices.

Thanks! I noticed Ares is up quite a bit too! Their 5 day is now $340...it was $318! So I decided to just go ahead and buy through LMT...it still seems cheaper than everywhere else...5 day is $294....Not quite as good as before, but still good, right? :) Get Away today is $317. -But I think it's supposed to go up tomorrow.

FWIW, I bought tickets for a future trip but since we're uncertain if it will be end of this year or beginning of next year, we couldn't use LMT club either. LMT says their tickets are only good thru 2017. I bought thru another seller with no expiration date (until activated) but still saved money over future prices or gate.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter