Should I buy tickets now?

mastermind307

DIS Veteran
I already have tickets purchases for an upcoming trip, probably in 2018. I got the undercover tourist newsletter today and decided to see if they have any tickets left before the price increase and don't expire. They still have the deal for a 7 day PH for the price of a 4 day PH. I checked the Disney website and I can save almost $200 on 2 tickets. I asked my DH (who isn't a Disney fan like me) and he said I could buy them if we have the money. I totally wasn't expecting him to say I could buy them. We have the money, but is it crazy to buy tickets for an unknown future trip? We want to go back after Star Wars Land is finished, so I know that we'd eventually use the tickets, but just not sure when. And even though we have the money and buying them won't put any finical strain on us, it's still a big chunk of money to spend when we don't necessarily need to. But I think the saving could be a lot since ticket prices will just continue to go up every year.

What should I do?

I already have tickets purchases for an upcoming trip, probably in 2018. I got the undercover tourist newsletter today and decided to see if they have any tickets left before the price increase and don't expire. They still have the deal for a 7 day PH for the price of a 4 day PH. I checked the Disney website and I can save almost $200 on 2 tickets. I asked my DH (who isn't a Disney fan like me) and he said I could buy them if we have the money. I totally wasn't expecting him to say I could buy them. We have the money, but is it crazy to buy tickets for an unknown future trip? We want to go back after Star Wars Land is finished, so I know that we'd eventually use the tickets, but just not sure when. And even though we have the money and buying them won't put any finical strain on us, it's still a big chunk of money to spend when we don't necessarily need to. But I think the saving could be a lot since ticket prices will just continue to go up every year.

What should I do?
I would buy them because you do have the funds. If you think of the total spent as money in a "savings account," could you earn $200 in interest from a bank before your future visit occurs?

I would buy them because you do have the funds. If you think of the total spent as money in a "savings account," could you earn $200 in interest from a bank before your future visit occurs?

I completely agree. My husband and I went ahead and bought them even though we have an annual pass now. We know we're going back and will probably use these the next time we decide to get an annual pass. We know we're spending the money now, but it will save us later.

I went ahead and purchased the tickets. I think I might want to use these tickets for my 2018 trip and save the ones I already had for another trip. I already have the other tickets linked in MDE. Should I reassign those tickets to people who won't be going on my 2018 trip or even made up people before linking the new e-tickets I just bought?

I went ahead and purchased the tickets. I think I might want to use these tickets for my 2018 trip and save the ones I already had for another trip. I already have the other tickets linked in MDE. Should I reassign those tickets to people who won't be going on my 2018 trip or even made up people before linking the new e-tickets I just bought?
You can reassign new, unused tickets at any time prior to actually entering a park. Adding TicketSaver people now and reassigning is easier while you have the time.

When I went to link the e-tickets to my MDE, a warning came up saying that the tickets need to be used by the same person. Should I be concerned that these tickets are used? Or was it just a reminder that once somebody uses a ticket, only that person can use the ticket and that it's nontransferable? I don't remember getting that warning message when I linked other tickets, but this is the first time I've linked e-tickets.

When I went to link the e-tickets to my MDE, a warning came up saying that the tickets need to be used by the same person.

Should I be concerned that these tickets are used?

Only IF the system will not ALLOW you to link them.
It will completely reject adding a formerly-used ticket to another account.

Only IF the system will not ALLOW you to link them.
It will completely reject adding a formerly-used ticket to another account.

Thank you! I did link them without any trouble, so I assumed they were fine, but it's nice to be reassured!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter