Should I be pretty comfortable with my plans? (September 28-October 1)

TresGriffin

Mouseketeer
So, since my AP got extended and will expire on October 6th, I've (tentatively) decided to squeeze one last solo trip out of it with from September 28th to October 1st. Based on what I've seen through vlogs and boards and also closely monitoring the COVID-19 situation in Florida (and seeing that, thus far, cases are on a significant downward trend), I think I'm feeling "cautiously comfortable" taking a trip down there, albeit modified for current circumstances.

Here are my plans:
  • I'll be driving down from Atlanta, so no need to worry about being on airplanes, in airports, or aboard Magical Express with other passengers and what not.
  • I'll do mobile check-in before I even leave home, so I should receive a notification while en route with my room information.
  • I'll be staying at Pop Century, which is good because the rooms are outdoor-facing, which makes it pretty easy to distance without necessarily having to schlep through a main lobby and indoor corridors to get to my room.
  • Staying at Pop also means Skyliner access, and I've gathered that the Skyliner is running on a "one-party-per-bucket" basis, and therefore, I will have a bucket to myself when going to Hollywood Studios and Epcot.
  • I'm also limiting myself to Hollywood Studios and Epcot, since I only plan on being there for 2 full days, and, of course, no park-hopping, and I can get to both via Skyliner pretty safely. (Which begs a question...are you allowed to re-enter the park later in the day if you do a morning run through it?)
This leaves me with two things to think about:
  • How are things in the parks (namely HS and Epcot), particularly mid-week? I imagine that traffic is quite light on a Tuesday and Wednesday afternoon. Do you find it easy to socially distance? Are Cast Members really enforcing masks effectively? (Including making sure people are covering their noses, which I've discovered has become a pet peeve when I see some with their nose not covered.) One thing I've been concerned about also is distancing in the queues (not that I plan on riding all that much, anyway.)
  • I'm also wondering how dining has been? I'm thinking about sticking to quick service with outdoor seating. Do the designated eating/drinking areas get pretty crowded or are the tables distanced enough for your comfort?
Just want to make sure I'm making an informed decision before I firm these plans in granite.

I haven't been back since they opened but I have read that CMs are doing a good job on informing guests to pull their masks up when it isn't on right. However that doesn't mean guests don't pull them right back down as soon as the CM is out of sight.

I have also read that yes, you can re enter the park later in the day if you leave as long as it's the same park you have a reservation for on that day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter