Shorts for dinner for 5 year old

Discussion in 'Royal Caribbean' started by hipporina, Sep 17, 2017.

1. hipporina

hipporina <font color=teal>I keep Kleenex in business</font>

Are shorts okay in the main dining room on casual nights for kids? I have several outfits for my 5-year-old son that are shorts but are on the dressy side. Is that acceptable? (My teens will wear jeans.)

2. Terrena

Terrena Love Disney!

We got back recently from RCCL cruise. I saw shorts in the main dining room. One girl had on very very short shorts. She looked like a 20 something. They did not say anything to her. Some men were in shorts that came to the knee. The dining crew never said a word. It does not look like a very strict policy.

3. Avatar

Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  4. ludari

ludari DIS Veteran

I believe this is totally acceptable. Personally I give a lot of latitude towards children and teens when it comes to dining in the MDR.

5. starvenger

starvenger DIS Veteran

In theory adults are supposed to not wear shorts for dinner in the mdr. In practice I've never seen this enforced, nor have I seen people complain. Can't say this is the case for everyone though

6. ronandannette

ronandannette I gave myself this tag and I "Like" myself too!

MDR dining on any cruiseline is not what it used to be. Dress codes are mostly referred to as "suggested attire" now and are much, much more relaxed than even 5 years ago. Your kids will be fine in whatever you have planned for them.

7. bumbershoot

bumbershoot DIS Veteran

Little kids in dressy shorts are adorable and imo acceptable. If it's Prince George's attire always, I think it's ok for Royal.