shops on Castaway Cay question

kittyscrap1

Mouseketeer
Can any recent cruisers tell me if the Bahamian run shops/huts are still on CC? We only discovered them last time and were wondering if they were still on the island with the renovations. They were great if you had missed buying any island made merchandise at Nassau..but I do believe they only accepted cash. Can anyone answer that as well? Thanks so much.

yes, I'm just back from a Dream cruise and the Bahamian shops are still on Castaway Cay; however I didn't purchase anything there, so I can't confirm the cash only payments.

Can any recent cruisers tell me if the Bahamian run shops/huts are still on CC? We only discovered them last time and were wondering if they were still on the island with the renovations. They were great if you had missed buying any island made merchandise at Nassau..but I do believe they only accepted cash. Can anyone answer that as well? Thanks so much.

I found this on the DCL web site, regarding Castaway Cay. Hope it helps! :)

How to Pay

U.S. currency is accepted at the post office and at Bahamian-operated stores. All major credit cards are accepted on Castaway Cay. Unique to the island, however, is an innovative payment system where you can use your stateroom keys (or Key to the World card) as a form of payment at Disney-run stores, just as you would a credit card. Similarly, dining services on the island are included as part of your cruise package.

What this tells me is that you can use cash or a major credit card at the Bahamian-operated stores, and you can use your KTTW card at the Disney-run stores.

In a nut shell, have cash or credit card for those Bahamian shops :)

We were there in November 2010 and we were able to use our KTTW card for a purchase at one of the Bahamian shops.

I was there in December and they were still there and they did accept the "Key to the world card"

On a positive note also, I accidentally left a purchase on the counter in one of the shops and the store clerk actually came looking for me to return my purchase to me. I hadn't even realized I left anything, and probably wouldn't have realized till it was too late to get it, she could have easily kept it, so I was very happy to have someone that went out of their way to find me. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!