shopDisney DVC discount

Livelovedance

DIS Veteran
The 20% DVC discount has disappeared from the shopDisney website. It’s still listed on the member benefits page, but when you click the link to go to shop the “page not found” screen appears. If you add a DVC item to your bag from the regular shopDisney site, the DVC discount doesn’t get applied. :(

I’ve been following a couple threads on the DVC Dooneys that have been on sale. As of now you can still get the DVC discount shopping through the shopDisney app, but I don’t know if that will last.

We know perks are never guaranteed, so enjoy them while you can!

I believe (unfortunately) that all park discounts have been removed from shopDisney. They are now doing that through the 'Shop Merchandise' section of MDX. Which is major BS because many items are shown 'in store only' but are readily available on shopDisney (for no discount).

I'm speaking with shopDisney guest services about this right now. I'm super pissed. Thanks for bringing to everyone's attention.

Weird thing is, they still list shopDisney as the place to get the discount: https://disneyvacationclub.disney.go.com/discounts-perks-offers/special-offer/marketplace/

and now this page has been deleted https://www.shopdisney.com/dvcmembermarketplace
I’m waiting to see if that member benefits page disappears or gets edited. I didn’t use it often because there isn’t enough DVC merchandise, but it was nice, especially paired with the Dooney and Bourke sale. I’m guessing they’re getting ready to release a new pattern.

We’ll just be waiting to shop in the parks I guess!

Yes, the Dooney stuff was nice or a couple new shirt or magic band designs once in a while. Ridiculous - no way a 20% discount on those items from direct DVC members hurts their bottom line.

So yup, you are right. Associate spoke to leadership and response was: "The DVC 20% off discount on DVC merchandise is currently not available." Pathetic.

Looks like its MDX or in store only now.

It still works on the shopDisney app, but I have a feeling that will disappear soon.
DVC member services says: Unfortunately that is correct, the discount is not available for online shopping.

So you are probably right. Thanks for heads up I'll use the app to get one last thing.

DVC member services says: Unfortunately that is correct, the discount is not available for online shopping.

So you are probably right. Thanks for heads up I'll use the app to get one last thing.
No problem! Thanks for calling both shopDisney and member services. Don’t forget if you spend over $75 you can use the free shipping code (SHIPMAGIC) in addition to the DVC discount!

No problem! Thanks for calling both shopDisney and member services. Don’t forget if you spend over $75 you can use the free shipping code (SHIPMAGIC) in addition to the DVC discount!
I did :)

DVC Member Services was not very kind or sympathetic either...

So it appears the MDX discounts (for both AP and DVC) are here to stay, but they have far less availability of items.

I was very disappointed with the change also, I sent an email to DVC. I was surprised to get a call saying they were aware of the change and would be bringing it to management's attention.
It is a little ridiculous. I have no issue with them making us use MDX for AP/DVC discounts but if you're going to do so, you need to make items actually available there. shopDisney was the only place that actually had DVC items in stock. Hopefully they follow up with you.

The old app for shopping the parks with my AP or DVC discount was a guilty pleasure of mine when I was having Disney withdrawal! I miss it, but it’s probably better for my wallet.

I agree that it seems silly to eliminate the discount. Extending the discount to online purchases seems like an easy perk.

The old app for shopping the parks with my AP or DVC discount was a guilty pleasure of mine when I was having Disney withdrawal! I miss it, but it’s probably better for my wallet.
This is exactly why this whole thing makes no sense from a business perspective. They are just losing money.

I purchased items through the MDE app and got my AP discount but no discount on shopDisney app. The shopping from the MDE app looks just like the old Shop Parks app. It's on the same screen as the My Plans, Mobile Food Orders and Photo. Maybe try there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!