ShopDisney can be such a rip off!!! upped the prices!

cindyfan

DIS Veteran
So... so... frustrating!!!
Ordered the Merry and Bright spirit jersey for my daughter back when it first came out... .
However she wanted a size bigger. Went to reorder..... continuously says "SOLD OUT" except the xs. Keep checking almost every day!
one day it showed the XL. tried to order but.... gone again.
So.... now they had them marked down... 30% along with all the other Christmas spirit jerseys. But keep checking.... no XL.
Finally... YAY.... I see XL back in stock, along with almost all the other sizes! .... BUT..... Disney jacked the price back up to regular price!!!!!
REALLY!!!??? Disney are you really that greedy!!! this is the only one that they upped the price on!! all the others are still 30% off.

DISNEY YOU ARE GREEDY!

Just had to vent!!!!!

What's crazy is the last time I looked a few months ago the 2019 dated apparel for wdw was still full price on shop dis. I gave up looking then since every sale it wouldn't be marked down. Even some of the 2020 stuff had been put on sale.

I have learned if you can make it to an actual store to get the item then do so. I saw these two items on shop Disney but found them cheaper in the Disney store at the mall. I even used my Disney Visa rewards to get them 10% more off.

This item was $16.00 in my mall store instead of the shop Disney $26.99.
https://www.shopdisney.com/walt-dis...ductSearch=1&plpPosition=5&searchType=regular
This item was $15.00 in my mall store instead of the shop Disney $24.99
https://www.shopdisney.com/mickey-m...pe=autosuggest-popular&siteSearchTopProduct=1

Supply and demand. If they can sell out at full price, there is no need to mark it down.
You think a company is greedy for selling something they can't keep in stock at regular price? That is good business.
I assume the smaller sizes are put on sale because they aren’t selling well. Items selling out as fast as they come in don’t need to be put on sale.
You guys missed the point! They already had it "30% markdown"!!! It was a "Markdown" not a "sale" or "promo". And it was at the markdown with other sizes.... the only sizes not available were XL and XXL. Then all of a sudden.... Back to regular price when they got all the sizes back in!

You guys missed the point! They already had it "30% markdown"!!! It was a "Markdown" not a "sale" or "promo". And it was at the markdown with other sizes.... the only sizes not available were XL and XXL. Then all of a sudden.... Back to regular price when they got all the sizes back in!

Didn’t miss any point. I just don’t agree with you. Mark down doesn’t indicate it was a permanent price reduction. I also don’t think there is any difference between the phrases marked down or sale. They “marked down” the inventory they had. They got more inventory in & resumed the regular price. I don’t see anything sneaky or greedy about it. It happens all the time.

Ordered the Merry and Bright spirit jersey for my daughter back when it first came out... .
However she wanted a size bigger. Went to reorder..... continuously says "SOLD OUT" except the xs. Keep checking almost every day!
So.... now they had them marked down... 30% along with all the other Christmas spirit jerseys. But keep checking.... no XL.
Finally... YAY.... I see XL back in stock, along with almost all the other sizes! .... BUT..... Disney jacked the price back up to regular price!!!!!
REALLY!!!??? Disney are you really that greedy!!! this is the only one that they upped the price on!! all the others are still 30% off.

DISNEY YOU ARE GREEDY!

Just had to vent!!!!!
Disney isn't greedier than any other company. As frustrating as it can be (and it is frustrating!), sale prices come and go. However, there have been discount promos coming and going all month. If you haven't already bought the Spirit Jersey, check for discount codes on Retailmenot or similar sites if you don't already see a code on Shop Disney. You're sure to find something sooner or later. And the pp is right about the same item being a different price online vs. in store -- but it can go either way. I've found items cheaper online and in store (it isn't a one way guarantee) -- you just have to keep checking.

If they got more in from the supplier, then it wouldn't be a markdown of old stock they were trying to move - they just got them in, so they were back to full price.

....and the shipping.. still waiting since 11-21. Ups brings it some of the way, USPS brings it the rest of the way. Most frustrating shipping I've used. Definitely the worst shipping I've had.

Mystery discount codes on select items -- good until Thursday! The OP's spirit jersey is one of the items, although sizes may be limited.

DISNEY YOU ARE GREEDY!

Just had to vent!!!!!

All stores and websites run sales and then put the price back to the regular price at the end of the sale. I'm not understanding the problem here.

None of what you're describing is greed. Sellers are always engaging in a balancing act - have enough stock that you don't frustrate customers with a sold out sign, but not so much stock that you end up with excess inventory you have to markdown to sell. If something is selling well, why should they reduce it? If they reduce it once, should they be required to reduce it permanently?

I get that shopping at this time of year can be frustrating. I'm seeing sales come and go quickly, and inventory that's here one day is gone the next. When I recently checked the Lego Store online, there's hardly anything in stock. When I asked about it at my nearest physical Lego store, the cashier said online sales are up a whopping 400% over last year - they blew through their inventory. Fortunately, the physical store had the set I wanted, so I bought it at full price (and I kicked myself for not buying it when Target and Amazon temporarily had it on sale - before selling out).

Now, Shop Disney isn't perfect. I bought a pair of Minnie Ears that were marked down, but when I tried to buy two pairs, I couldn't add the second to my cart. No idea why they marked down an item, but retained the one-item-per-customer restriction on it. Currently, Shop Disney is playing the game where you add the item to your cart to see the mystery markdown, but when I did that, the prices were exactly what I paid last week. I find these gimmicks annoying, but they must work or stores wouldn't use them.

Not that Disney is a charity or anything, but their parks were closed for months (and aren't all open yet), and their retail stores, too. They lost a ton of money on that. I can't really fault them for trying to be profitable.

DISNEY YOU ARE GREEDY!

Just had to vent!!!!!
I'm a Spirit Jersey fan. Love them. So comfortable. I wait and wait for the cooler weather every year so I can wear them. I had the same experience with trying to get some from ShopDisney. There are some shoppers out there that have a "network" set up to buy multiples in the limit quanity of 10 so they can turn around and sell it on EBAY. I must admit I have purchased a spirit jersey from EBAY and a Disney personal shopper but it was only about $10 more than what would have been the total cost from ShopDisney because their shipping is high. I got free shipping from both EBAY and the personal shopper. It's the same with all the popular, in demand items from Disney. Now they have you shopping in a que but first need to get some sort of pass to be even able to have a chance to get it. I've seen posts and videos of people complaining, that Disney should lower the limit quanity number, etc. but as long as they are people who can work around the system, the problem will remain. I really wanted the Halloween Spirit Jersey but never got it. Even on EBAY and the personal shopper, it was too much than I was willing to pay. Look on Ebay and search disney personal shopper, like I said, I paid about $10 more and that wasn't going to make or break me. I used pixiedustshopper. I haven't been on the sight for months so I don't know what she has or her current prices but I found shopping with her to be good. A lot of communication and up to date tracking. Good luck.

All stores and websites run sales and then put the price back to the regular price at the end of the sale. I'm not understanding the problem here.
The problem is that it was not advertised as a "sale" or "promo". It clearly said "New Markdown" and I have been shopping Disney for over 25 years... and when it says "Markdown" that means Permanent Markdown. Which usually comes at the end of a season... such as when they "markdown" Halloween, etc at any retailer in the world.
I have been in the retail business for 30+ years... and a "New Markdown" always refers to a permanent price change.

It really doesn't matter what you do or don't understand..... .... I was simply expressing a frustration with shopDisney.

Not completely related, but I had issues with ALL THREE orders I placed with ShopDisney in November. I know 2020 is wild, but it just hasn't been a good experience. I plan to call their Guest Services line back again this afternoon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter