Shop the Block 2020 MILES ARE POSTING NOW

I think I might wait until Black Friday because I think airmilesshop usually has specials for bonus miles
It’s usually 20x the miles. I’m waiting to order an IPad. I was hoping that there would be the usual Staples spend coupon and I could double dip there...no such luck. Right now there is no in store stock on iPads at the 2 Staples near me. Hopefully they will restock before Friday. I could get it shipped (they do have stock for that)but I’d worry that it would just get thrown down on my front step. So far no issues with porch pirates but there’s always a first time.

Please keep in mind that in order to do the additional 2 partners to get to 7 offers your reward will only be an additional $40 (equivalent) in Airmiles. I've scaled back my shops this year to be only those that I really need. When I was having trouble figuring out what to do for #6,7 I decided just to put another $40 in my vacation fund and call it a day. This from someone who enjoyed the challenge of doing 7 offers on 3 cards last year. Not this year though.
that’s a really good reminder! I’m not going out of my way for this one for sure. I’m only buying what we need!

So Indigo separated my order into two, therefore, the 30 bonus miles wasn't triggered. My subtotal was $102. Multiplier was 2x, so my account should have two transaction of 5 miles, instead I only have two transactions of 4? Where did the other 2 miles go? Anyways, should I just wait until they start posting the big 1200 miles to get this fixed?

I finally got around to adding the complete list of every offer for all of the regions. You'll find them as attachements to post # 3 and 4

For those of you who have been talking about Shell and how much gas you need for it to qualify .. in Ontario there are 4 separate offers, you only need to opt-in once and you're good to for all of them.

1. 30 L fill-up
  2. $20 worth of lottery products (everyone gets a scratch ticket in their stockings!)
  3. Car Wash Flex Pass
  4. 2 jugs of windshield washer

I have managed to do Sobeys and Pharmasave so far. Will have to think about a third one to do that doesn't mean I'm buying things I don't need or going in a store and wandering around.

This time we’ll only be doing 5 offers. Doing 2 more would be outside our normal spending and too much effort for the additional 400AM.

1) Shell 30L fill - done
2) Safeway spend $100 - done
3) Airmiles shops spend $100- done- posted
4) BMO spend $350 - getting there
5) Global Pets

Although Global Pets doesn’t carry our dog food brand, I’m sure we can find some toys/treats for Christmas for the dogs to do this offer.

I would not be at all surprised to see more offers show up. I'm amazed that the offer of use 95 AM's get 25 back hasn't come up yet but I expect it will. At some point for one of the stores, if not several.
Don't lose hope on a few new ones that might be some help.

The first of the airmilesshops Black Friday offers started today. I'm still waiting till Friday though because i KNOW it will be bigger!!!
View attachment 539974
I've been waiting for this. I'm debating between extra miles and the faster shipping and not worried about availability, since I'm guessing it will be a zoo on Friday.

I just checked Staples for the IPad I want and still no stock. Then I checked Apple and they also have no stock unless I have it shipped. So now I’m browsing the Galaxy Tabs. Staples has the one that I think counts for the StB coupon but I’m not certain it’s the right one. Not sure what to do. The Samsung is a fair bit cheaper than the IPad and really DH only watches videos on it...occasionally he FaceTimes people but he could do that on his phone too.

I just checked Staples for the IPad I want and still no stock. Then I checked Apple and they also have no stock unless I have it shipped. So now I’m browsing the Galaxy Tabs. Staples has the one that I think counts for the StB coupon but I’m not certain it’s the right one. Not sure what to do. The Samsung is a fair bit cheaper than the IPad and really DH only watches videos on it...occasionally he FaceTimes people but he could do that on his phone too.

If he only watches videos on it have you thought of an Amazon Fire? I got once for each of us last year and I use mine to watch videos and read through the Kindle app.

I think I did amazon for the airmilesshop (needed cat food, litter and some other pet stuff that couldn't wait). I reloaded the gift card so hopefully that will trigger the STB bonus. Hopefully I'll know in a couple days! Now if that works, I'll need one more to get to 3. Probably Shell? But not positive yet.

If he only watches videos on it have you thought of an Amazon Fire? I got once for each of us last year and I use mine to watch videos and read through the Kindle app.
He watches YouTube and scans Facebook. That’s pretty much it. Probably uses google occasionally. My DD said the Amazon ones get good reviews. She thinks better than the Samsungs.

He watches YouTube and scans Facebook. That’s pretty much it. Probably uses google occasionally. My DD said the Amazon ones get good reviews. She thinks better than the Samsungs.

I've had a number of tablets over the years and the Amazon Fire is probably my favourite so far. I got us all the 8" 32Gb ones and those are on sale right now for $79.99, WAY better than what I paid in July 2019!

I agree with the Fire reviews. I have bought two over the last two years. I purchase extra mini SD cards for more storage. I have Netflix and Disney+ installed on both. When we used to have long road trips, I would download movies and the kids could watch for hours. The battery life on these is amazing. I use them now for my train ride to and from work.

I've had a number of tablets over the years and the Amazon Fire is probably my favourite so far. I got us all the 8" 32Gb ones and those are on sale right now for $79.99, WAY better than what I paid in July 2019!
I’m looking at the 10” mainly because it’s closer in size to his IPad. I think this is what I’m going to order for him. He honestly won’t care what he gets and I foresee him setting it up and still using the old barely working IPad. The girls will have to harass him into getting rid of the IPad.

Now to figure out how to go about my Black Friday purchases to maximize the AM. I’m going to get some gift cards for Amazon(Shell promo) and some for The Bay (Sobeys promo) to pay for some online purchases. I think I need to go old school with pen and paper to figure out the best places to order from. Do I get this tablet from Amazon or Staples???

Noticed Walmart was added to AMshops and had planned to order a Nintendo Switch with the Black Friday promo, until I just read that video games don’t qualify for AM there 🤦‍♀️ so now I’m under the $100 for that coupon. Boooo!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter