Shop the Block 2019 -Bonus miles are POSTING NOW!

Unless it's things you absolutely need in the next 10 days, you should wait till next weekend for the Black Friday/Cyber Monday promos that will happen. There will more than likely be a site-wide multiplier plus individual stores will have their own along with great sales - save money and get more miles!
Oh yes fore sure. I know I have to wait until December 3rd anyways because that when the Staples Promotion starts!

The bonus miles for Lawton's posted so the manual entering of the number worked even when the coupon wouldn't scan. Also had my Sobeys bonus miles post. Such a relief when the miles post correctly!
What did your AM post as? Did they say Bonus miles or Shop the Block?

So not a bad day. Had to goto Sobeys, no waiting till friday, but got the $50 in and receipt says shop the block. Next swing by Shell and buy a LCBO gc, shell receipt has the code on it, all good 2 down. Park at the LCBO, picked up the Waltzing Matilda wind, had it with dinner tonight, 6/10 just ok for us. 3 down no code on receipt. Same parking lot is Reno depot, walked over picked up Lepages Adhesive, 4 down, no code.
Min cash out lay as was using gc for sobeys from last time, shell gc bought with sobeys gc and lcbo gc bought with shell gc. all 4 stores within 3 miles of each other. So not really out of the way.
Now to try and get 3 more and start next card.

Hi Mort
just checking something
Did you have to buy both the Waltzing Matilda ($16.95 10 airmiles) and the Cupcake Chardonnay ($15.95 10 airmiles) for the STB LCBO to work or was just buying one of them ok?

Thanks
Mel

So not a bad day. Had to goto Sobeys, no waiting till friday, but got the $50 in and receipt says shop the block. Next swing by Shell and buy a LCBO gc, shell receipt has the code on it, all good 2 down. Park at the LCBO, picked up the Waltzing Matilda wind, had it with dinner tonight, 6/10 just ok for us. 3 down no code on receipt. Same parking lot is Reno depot, walked over picked up Lepages Adhesive, 4 down, no code.
Min cash out lay as was using gc for sobeys from last time, shell gc bought with sobeys gc and lcbo gc bought with shell gc. all 4 stores within 3 miles of each other. So not really out of the way.
Now to try and get 3 more and start next card.
SOmeone else has reported that "Bonus Code #1058" printed on their receipt for the same product .. make sure you keep a coupon attached to that receipt in case you need to follow up

I just did a scan thru the thread to make sure i have all the codes that are showing on the receipts and the wording that people are seeing on their accounts when the miles eventually post. Take a glance and see if you can let me know of any additions that need to be made to the list - Post # 7 on the first page.

We still haven't done ANY coupons -- so far On Main card

1. we're up to a whopping $17.55 on the Mastercard
  2. Talked ourselves out of Metro because we never buy any of those items and it would be spending money to get miles - something we refuse to do!
  3. Not sure if we'll attempt Blue Friday tomorrow or not and if we'd be able to get to the threshold amount at either Foodland or Sobeys --- NOPE, scratch that we WILL be going, just noticed that the Old Dutch Tortilla chips are 100% safe for me to eat!!!!!!! And they're a fairly decent return PLUS the ice cream at Foodland has at least 1 flavour i can tolerate so we should squeak out a $50 if we try
  4. Shell -- yeah, i can do that, I'll buy Amazon gift cards and then
  5. Amazon online shop over Black Friday/Cyber Monday weekend
  6. Rexall is easy peasy for us
  7. ????
Secondary card:
  1. Rexall
  2. Shell -- I'll just spread my Amazon gift card over the 2 cards
  3. ? Maybe need to do another online shop NO WAIT! Yes i have my $100 ETSY gift card i won last year!
  4. ??
  5. ???
  6. ????
  7. ?????

Hi Mort
just checking something
Did you have to buy both the Waltzing Matilda ($16.95 10 airmiles) and the Cupcake Chardonnay ($15.95 10 airmiles) for the STB LCBO to work or was just buying one of them ok?

Thanks
Mel
Just purchased the waltz. Lcbo post quick so will update when it does

Hi Mort
just checking something

Thanks
Mel
looks like I might have screwed up. just got the 10am, no code. Will go back this weekend and purchase the other. Try and have them refund and redo so no issues. Will report back if there is a code with it.
If that is the case, then weak AM for the wine again.
Hope the other bottle is better.

looks like I might have screwed up. just got the 10am, no code. Will go back this weekend and purchase the other. Try and have them refund and redo so no issues. Will report back if there is a code with it.
If that is the case, then weak AM for the wine again.
Hope the other bottle is better.

Hi
I was concerned about the wording saying *and* which to me meant you have to buy both to have it qualify for the LCBO shop.
Hopefully they can redo for you,,best wishes.
Mel

Yes I bought the Organic carton Pinot Grigio wines and I had to buy 2 to earn the shop the block miles.
The miles don't show as shop the block.
19 Nov 19
LCBO
DURHAM SHOPPING CTRCIAO BIANCO PINOT GRIGIO+16

Just stopped at LCBO to complete this offer for both DH and myself. The clerk was amazing and helped me track down the wine pairs. I bought both Fleur du Caps ($25.95 including tax), and the Cupcake/Waltzing Matilda combo ($32.90 including tax). The clerk was also at the cash when I paid and proactively told me that nothing would appear on the receipt.

I'm confused about my recent Amazon shop through airmilesshops. Would someone be able to help me with the math?

$103.40 pre-tax on November 17th. Spend $100 get 50 bonus miles. Plus Amazon had a 2X event. Standard 1 mile every $20. So I expected:

5 base miles + another 5 bonus miles for the 2X event + 50 bonus miles for the STB = 60 miles. Is this not correct?

I received 4 reward miles for every $20 + 4 double reward miles. But this should be 5+5 shouldn't it? No STB 50 bonus miles posted.

I’m going back and forth on this one....
Do I split my Blue Friday shop in 2...$50 each for myself and DD so that I can cover 2 StB coupons but then I lose the 100 mile bonus for spending $100. BTW, this is going to be Foodland and it’s waaaay out of my way to do this one....as in 30 minute drive to get there.

Do I split my Blue Friday shop in 2...$50 each for myself and DD so that I can cover 2 StB coupons but then I lose the 100 mile bonus for spending $100. BTW, this is going to be Foodland and it’s waaaay out of my way to do this one....as in 30 minute drive to get there.
That happened with my air miles shop with nike. They missed 2 miles, which through off my bonus miles. They corrected it for me though.

i’d split, but i’m struggling a bit more than usual with this event.

If we're able to get anywhere close to 2 transactions we will be splitting it because i doubt we'll make 7 offers on 2 cards this time -- the cost per bonus is waaaaay too high!

Side note -- which Foodland are you planning on hitting up? That's where we're going to shop as well because hubby can eat the chicken (if the stuffed ones are included that is!) and they have the good ice cream as well but we'll need to drive 30 minutes to get there as well! The closer one? Yeah, i doubt they'd have enough of anything there!

i’d split, but i’m struggling a bit more than usual with this event.
If we're able to get anywhere close to 2 transactions we will be splitting it because i doubt we'll make 7 offers on 2 cards this time -- the cost per bonus is waaaaay too high!

Side note -- which Foodland are you planning on hitting up? That's where we're going to shop as well because hubby can eat the chicken (if the stuffed ones are included that is!) and they have the good ice cream as well but we'll need to drive 30 minutes to get there as well! The closer one? Yeah, i doubt they'd have enough of anything there!
I woke up in the middle of the night thinking about this...uggg. I came to the conclusion that splitting is for the greater good.

I'm going to Brampton and really only to get the Prime chicken. Everything else I want is also at Sobeys. Now my biggest problem is do I go right from work (I try to leave by 1pm on Fridays) or do I wait and go around 6pm on my way into Toronto to pick up DD?

O.k. all you Airmiles experts - 2 questions... does anyone know exactly which metro gift baskets qualify for the STB? Also wondering the best value at LCBO (I don't drink), but usually buy a bottle or 2 for gifts to qualify for the promotion - it looks like for the cheaper products you must buy 2 bottles now? What is the least that I would have to spend to do the LCBO coupon? Thanks in advance - I find I get super overwhelmed when I go in there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter