Shop the Block 2019 -Bonus miles are POSTING NOW!

Is there a message or something that is happening for the Shell opt in when it doesn't work.
I did it this morning and it seemed to work for me. I got a response saying I had opt'd in.

Is the shell opt in working for STB? I haven’t tried it but have opted in and would like to but worried!
I opted in and got gas on Sunday,.receipt only had base AirMiles, nothing about the promo. Only base AM posted 😞

Usually Shell is an easy one. Now I have to do it again but it looks like the coupons don’t scan right either. 🤷🏼‍♀️

Is there a message or something that is happening for the Shell opt in when it doesn't work.
I did it this morning and it seemed to work for me. I got a response saying I had opt'd in.

I think they just don't show up on the receipt so people think it's not working.

I'm done 3 shops, I know I can get Rexall as well and hopefully at least one more. The Metro one is just a little strange, so I'll have to think on it. And I am very reluctant to shop online with airmiles. It never seems to work for me. Children's Place is possible, I'll have to see what I can do for that one. I was considering doing Miss Fresh, I did the bonus first time for the MegaMiles, but there is a coupon for 25 AM when you place an order and I think that would count. But it's hard to stomach paying that much for 3 meals that my kid won't eat.

The opt in works (or appears to) but when you get gas at the pump,only base AM are on the receipt. And only the base AM posted to my account also.

The Shell Opt in offer is one of the most anxiety inducing offers to do. Last year my son opted in. He got gas. The AM eventually posted but it was weeks after he purchased the gas. The whole time I didn't know if what he did was going to work. It did but they took their dear sweet time about it.

For me, I would just go inside and pay at the cash. The AM show on the receipt, post within a few days and you know you're done. It's worth the 5 min it may take to do it this way.

My LCBO points have posted already -
19 Nov 19
LCBO
DURHAM SHOPPING CTRCIAO BIANCO PINOT GRIGIO+16
1 down 6 more to get/post.

This is kind of a Shop the Block/Blue Friday post. Just spent an hour or so preparing my lists, checking them twice. I'm ready for Friday and Blue Friday. Will knock off the Foodland offer on 3 cards and Sobeys on 1 card. To do this I will forgo the 100 Bonus AM ($10) for spending $100 but it will be worth it to get those sponsors done.

The Shell Opt in offer is one of the most anxiety inducing offers to do. Last year my son opted in. He got gas. The AM eventually posted but it was weeks after he purchased the gas. The whole time I didn't know if what he did was going to work. It did but they took their dear sweet time about it.

For me, I would just go inside and pay at the cash. The AM show on the receipt, post within a few days and you know you're done. It's worth the 5 min it may take to do it this way.
Did it post with the correct promo to count as a coupon done? So no need to contact AM for the big bonus at the end?

My Shell receipt show promo 940 at the top. Further down it mentions 5 Miles - Shop the Block Fuel Offer. It posted to my AM account as "Shop the Block Fuel Offer" 5AM plus 1 for 25L of fuel.

The Opt in did eventually work (for my son). And yes it did post into AM as "Shop the Block Fuel Offer"

Sobeys just posted to my AM account. The Bonus AM for Shop the Block are just listed as Bonus AM, no special notation. You will need to keep the receipts to make the connection (in case)

I really wish they would just post it as "Shop the Block". Makes it so much easier to confirm it's been done and recorded properly in the AM system.

So not a bad day. Had to goto Sobeys, no waiting till friday, but got the $50 in and receipt says shop the block. Next swing by Shell and buy a LCBO gc, shell receipt has the code on it, all good 2 down. Park at the LCBO, picked up the Waltzing Matilda wind, had it with dinner tonight, 6/10 just ok for us. 3 down no code on receipt. Same parking lot is Reno depot, walked over picked up Lepages Adhesive, 4 down, no code.
Min cash out lay as was using gc for sobeys from last time, shell gc bought with sobeys gc and lcbo gc bought with shell gc. all 4 stores within 3 miles of each other. So not really out of the way.
Now to try and get 3 more and start next card.

I just took a few hours to create files for the coupons from every region in case anyone needs to reference them once the promo is finished (I missed a few that expired on the 17th) I guess there's a limit to the number of files you can attach to a post so they're split between post #3 and post #7

I just took a few hours to create files for the coupons from every region in case anyone needs to reference them once the promo is finished (I missed a few that expired on the 17th) I guess there's a limit to the number of files you can attach to a post so they're split between post #3 and post #7
Donald, you are amazing! Thank you for EVERYTHING you do, which is a lot.

The bonus miles for Lawton's posted so the manual entering of the number worked even when the coupon wouldn't scan. Also had my Sobeys bonus miles post. Such a relief when the miles post correctly!

:thanks: :thanks: :thanks: for all that you do for us Donald/Jacquline. You are the reason so many of us get as many miles as we do. :hug: :love:

Geeze...I wish the Rexall Shop was now instead of Dec 2. We have such mild weather ( I'm actually only wearing a sweater outside these days...no coats ) and the roads are in good condition for travelling. I would do a little road trip around 40 minutes one way to get to the nearest rexall. Oh well...we can't control Mother Nature. Hoping to get to safeway tomorrow and I will probably use my Safeway coupon to get my first shop done.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter