Shop the Block 2019 -Bonus miles are POSTING NOW!

well I'm happy to see that several of you are completing your coupons I'm a tiny bit sad to read how many of you have already shopped online. There WILL be several times that they will have multiplier offers for both the entire portal and the individual stores. To say nothing about all the Black Friday and Cyber Monday sales all of the stores will have.

Please slow down and get more miles and save more money. That's my little soap box speech combined with my momma bear instincts for the day. Carry on

Stopped at Sobeys, got a whopping 16 AM for the coupon. I had some other offers so did get 90 total for the shop. That is two done. I will get to global pet food on Monday and hopefully fit in a few more as we go along. Lots of time.

Well, I learned something new yesterday. Went to IGA and spent $25. Wanted to redeem 95 airmiles for $10 off. They redeemed 190 for $20 off as I had that amount available. Apparently you can’t ask for less if you have more available to cover your purchase. Lesson learned. Will be sure to keep any future purchases under the $20 amount if I only want to redeem $10. I wanted to use the other 95 at Jean Coutu but now don’t have enough available. On to plan B.

Well, I learned something new yesterday. Went to IGA and spent $25. Wanted to redeem 95 airmiles for $10 off. They redeemed 190 for $20 off as I had that amount available. Apparently you can’t ask for less if you have more available to cover your purchase. Lesson learned. Will be sure to keep any future purchases under the $20 amount if I only want to redeem $10. I wanted to use the other 95 at Jean Coutu but now don’t have enough available. On to plan B.
I have shopped at IGA in Quebec and never had this issue. I just insist they only use 95 cash miles, that I only want to use $10.00 off, no matter how many cash miles I have. What IGA were you shopping at?

Last time I made a purchase of $50 at Rexall and I had $40 worth of cash Miles. I told the cashier I only wanted to use 95 AM. I think you can tell the cashier how many AM you want to apply to the purchase unless each store has its own policy on AM redemption.

I'm so sorry you had this happen to you. As others have mentioned, you can most certainly dictate exactly how many cash miles you want to use towards a purchase. I've done it every single time and watch the cashier like a hawk and ask several times "just use ___ # of miles (insert however many you need to use to trigger the current offer) please so I can meet the offer" I must admit though if i have to use an exact amount for a coupon in these promos I will come as close to that mark as possible (the cashiers at our Rexalls tend to have a bet when i get to the till as to how close i am :P )

Unfortunately you can't ever get cash miles refunded so that cashier cost you a coupon and for that I apologize.

We went to Sobey’s today and completed that offer on both cards. Later today I believe we will be doing the Shell offer on one card. Slow start for me but I’m not in a rush . I’m going to hold out for a bigger multiplier on Black Friday for some larger purchases I have to make online.

That's a nice selection of gift baskets but I'm curious as to which ones would satisfy the StB coupon? The flyer offer specifically mentions Irresistible baskets but the coupon says "Metro" baskets. If i can get one of those MUCH cheaper ones i might think about getting one.

That's a nice selection of gift baskets but I'm curious as to which ones would satisfy the StB coupon? The flyer offer specifically mentions Irresistible baskets but the coupon says "Metro" baskets. If i can get one of those MUCH cheaper ones i might think about getting one.

I agree with you, we don't know what a "Metro gift basket" is. I would think you need to spend $20 minimum on any gift baskets (coupon doesn't say Irresistible brand), that seems to be how the catering coupon works. But someone need to be interested enough to try and report, if coupon goes through on receipt (same as catering one) then should be good.

Last edited:
I'm so sorry you had this happen to you. As others have mentioned, you can most certainly dictate exactly how many cash miles you want to use towards a purchase. I've done it every single time and watch the cashier like a hawk and ask several times "just use ___ # of miles (insert however many you need to use to trigger the current offer) please so I can meet the offer" I must admit though if i have to use an exact amount for a coupon in these promos I will come as close to that mark as possible (the cashiers at our Rexalls tend to have a bet when i get to the till as to how close i am :P )

Unfortunately you can't ever get cash miles refunded so that cashier cost you a coupon and for that I apologize.
I've actually had a store cancel my order after using AM Cash and as part of the reversal the AM Cash has gone back into my account. Not sure what they did to get this to happen but it can be done. Most CS reps have probably not been trained in what to do. It's so much easier to say it can't be done. This happened strangely enough at an IGA in Quebec last year during StB 2018.

well I'm happy to see that several of you are completing your coupons I'm a tiny bit sad to read how many of you have already shopped online. There WILL be several times that they will have multiplier offers for both the entire portal and the individual stores. To say nothing about all the Black Friday and Cyber Monday sales all of the stores will have.

Please slow down and get more miles and save more money. That's my little soap box speech combined with my momma bear instincts for the day. Carry on

Yup I have my purchase for online already planned out so just waiting for Black Friday or a special bonus shop day. I was hoping I could work it out that I could get both the online shop and the Staples shop at the same time but I get a deal at the Source and I can't justify spending an extra $20+ on printer ink just to use the coupon for staples. I actually may shop at Action Car & Truck world this time as one of my coupons as we have just bought a new to us Jeep Wrangler and it needs the special items to make it our own.

Welcome back kuhltiffany, I knew you'd pop up again during StB. You're best to look at the website rather than trying to track down the books. I found one at my local Shell but haven't seen them at Rexall or Metro either.l

Welcome back kuhltiffany, I knew you'd pop up again during StB. You're best to look at the website rather than trying to track down the books. I found one at my local Shell but haven't seen them at Rexall or Metro either.l
I've stopped at 2 Rexalls, 1 Metro and 1 Sobey's and NONE have the coupon books yet! Slow start for me for sure.

DH is excited to stock up on "Air Miles" wine though, so if anyone needs an LCBO done for them, just PM me a picture of your card :)
I haven't been able to find the books either. Metro told me they didn't even know about this. Our Metro is horrendous for AM offers, they are always behind.

I saw lots of STB books at a Shell station when I bought the LCBO gift cards. Didn’t see any at Sobeys.

I did Shell and LCBO on both cards. The Sobeys I went didn’t have the Compliment gingerbread people/houses. I wanted to get them for my school’s daycare centre. I will check Foodland tomorrow for them. I did Sobeys on DD’s card. I have to remember to use mine next time I shop at Sobeys.

Have a fun AM hunting weekend!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter