Shop the Block 2019 -Bonus miles are POSTING NOW!

Yes! I was hoping there would be one of these. I will do it on mine and DH card. DS doesn't have enough Cash AM yet but I could do a Rexall shop and get enough for his account.
I was just scanning all my Rexall purchases into Neilson and then claiming my Checkout 51 offers and i actually smacked myself in the head! I had enough to do 2 transactions and i only used the one card ... my secondary card has enough for 1 cash transaction and i KNEW THAT! (need to get my head in the game!!!!)

Bmo offer $700/$20=35 purchases vs the old 25 purchases of $20 or more

I feel like there were years where there was no minimum spend per transaction, even. I remember because I paid off my library fines in small increments to meet the number of purchases.

I won’t struggle to put a couple hundred dollars on my card over the contest period, but it’s a significant decrease in rewards, especially since the major bonus amounts have dropped too.

I feel like there were years where there was no minimum spend per transaction, even. I remember because I paid off my library fines in small increments to meet the number of purchases.

I won’t struggle to put a couple hundred dollars on my card over the contest period, but it’s a significant decrease in rewards, especially since the major bonus amounts have dropped too.

I believe last year was no minimum spend and this year it is also at participating partners, most of them I use gift cards at. For me, the easy one is not so easy anymore.

Partners ( I remember one year I got messed up because they had to be bricks and mortar locations and I had shopped online so online purchases may not count):

Yep, I recall it was just number of transactions, I think 50 or so, I thought I was smart splitting up my purchases at the self checkout but then you all were paying off library fines, lol.

The BMO card offer is now $350 spend at partners, whereas the spring Mega Miles promo had a similar BMO card offer and “only” required $300 spend. I easily spend way more than $350 on our BMO card, but it won’t be so easy to spend this amount at their partners.

What is the Lowe's spend amount and what are the dates? I can't read the fine print on the pic. And haven't found a booklet in town yet. Thx!

Lowes says 3X the miles when you spend $160+ OR 6X the miles when you spend $500+ on almost anything in-store. Valid Nov 14 - Dec 12

You all know i have the historical info regarding all of these promos and that i would HAVE to pull up the info about the BMO Mastercard coupon :P Here you go!
  • MM 2017 - 25 transaction, no minimum spend required
  • StB 2017 - 25 transaction, no minimum spend required
  • MM 2018 - 20 transactions, no minimum spend
  • StB 2018 - 20 transaction, no minimum spend
  • MM 2019 ** this is where the change started! - Threshold spend of $250 at partners
Answers to questions already asked:
  • No minimum spend per transaction, just need to keep track of the TOTAL spend over the 6 week time frame
  • Mastercard assigns a code to MERCHANTS and not what you buy there so yes, buy gift cards and it will count
  • This is a ONE bonus per card, you'll earn either 50 for spending at least $350 OR 100 miles if you spend over $750 but that's all, you can't earn anything more than 100 miles
  • Go ahead and use your MasterCard to complete one of the other offers -- Buy your Metro flowers with this card and it will count towards both offers
Let me know if there's anything else you think isn't clear.

Last edited:
So if we buy 700$ of giftcards at Shell with our BMO card, that's one coupon done?

SURE thing but just be sure you get the most miles out of that by separating your gift card purchases into multiple transactions -- you will earn 1 mile for every $10 but only a maximum of 10 miles per transaction so only buy $100 at a time.

Oh boy
so confused so I think I will write it out here....I have the BMO card ,,,,I just have very little experience using it,,,sorry for the questions guys........
so I opted in for the BMO

I want to go to Sobeys and buy $350.00 in gift cards,,now these can be any gift cards not just Sobeys right?(Shell,,McDonalds Ultimate dining,,Foodland,,LCBO??),
I would include one 50.00 Sobeys gift card in the process and in turn use that for a Sobeys STB purchase coupon use.

By doing this I have completed two STB right?

Thanks Mel

Last edited:
Oh boy
so confused so I think I will write it out here....
so I opted in for the BMO

I want to go to Sobeys and buy $350.00 in gift cards,,now these can be any gift cards not just Sobeys right?(Shell,,McDonalds Ultimate dining??),
I would include one 50.00 Sobeys gift card in the process and in turn use that for a Sobeys STB purchase coupon use.

By doing this I have completed two STB right?

Thanks Mel
Correct, Mastercard assigns categories to each TYPE of merchant and don't give a hoot about what you actually buy at that store. Buy $350 worth of any gift card and use them however you wish!

Buying a $50 Sobey's gift card as part of that transaction will then allow you to use that card for the threshold spend coupon because they won't care HOW you pay for that transaction.

Make sense?

Happy Shop the Block Eve everyone! The anticipation builds.

Re the BMO offer. I think I will be doing just the $350 threshold this time. I can't see myself spending $700 at Partners during the timeframe. For the extra 50 AM it's not worth the outlay of cash. I wouldn't purchase GC if the reward was 50AM so purchasing "extra" GC to get up to $700 won't work for me. I'll get the partner credit for spending $350 and that is good enough.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter