Shop the Block 2019 -Bonus miles are POSTING NOW!

Oh okay, I'm on that one. I thought there was a different one.

I'm going to Shell tonight to see if there are booklets.

I found these images posted on RFD. Someone there found them on the FB group.

Attachments

• 1573062167042.png
    1573062167042.png
    144.8 KB · Views: 24
  • 1573062203802.png
    1573062203802.png
    154.8 KB · Views: 18
  • 1573062220335.png
    1573062220335.png
    367.5 KB · Views: 14

That is pretty cheap on the Reward. If I spread it out over the promotion I might be able to break up grocery orders and do Sobeys and Foodland on 3 cards. RONA and Lowes will be tough as we aren't doing any renovations (but I do have my eye on a Mickey Light Post that might qualify)

It's going to take some careful work to get the max this year.

GOOD grief! I had a post with the picture of the booklet cover and didn't hit POST! I need some sleep :P

Based on those photos it looks like it will be rough hitting 7 partners... I can do the Sobey's, Foodland, Shell and Rexall easily enough. Maybe Staples... printer ink is expensive enough for that... Probably LCBO. That's 6 partners. I hope airmilesshop will be a partner. It normally is, isn't it? Like Donald, I have a running list of items waiting to be ordered.

Based on the booklet, in Eastern Ontario, this is what I anticipate doing.

LCBO, Jean Coutu, Rexall, Shell, Sobeys, Foodland and Metro (not in booklet but they will have one). I will spread the groceries out over the promotion and cut myself off the shopping trip once I have reached the threshold needed.

I will do BMO as a bonus on my card, Lowes on DH card and Staples on DS card.

This promotion is definitely going to be tougher to do and only worth it because I can do a couple of cards at the same time to minimize my driving.

This will definitely discourage a lot of the people who did many multiple cards (some did 5 or 6 cards last year)

I think i could keep a file filled with our musings the week before these promos start -- most of us say the same thing (ME INCLUDED!) :i can't do this promo, I'm not happy with the offers ...

HOWEVER this time around? Yeah, it's gonna be MUCH harder for us to complete the offers on just one card, not overly confident in the 2nd.

1. Smaller bonus doesn't have the same drive behind it for me
  2. We NEVER spend $50 at any of the Sobey's chain of stores scratch those 3
  3. No kids to shop for -scratch Children's Place
  4. Only pet is a turtle - scratch Global Pet Foods
  5. Our car is still under extended warranty -scratch Jiffy Lube & Good Year
  6. Already have my HBC points converting - scratch that one
  7. Holy large threshold for Staples - scratch that one
  8. No Jean Coutu close to us - scratch that one
  9. No home repairs needed (hopefully!) - scratch those FIVE
  10. MissFresh won't work due to my restrictive diet - scratch that one
  11. Don't drink anything - scratch LCBO
Ok how about the ones we probably can do:
  1. BMO on main card
  2. Rexall on both cards
  3. SHell on both cards (ME likey the small threshold!)
  4. Metro (it WILL show up!)
  5. Online shopping that hopefully isn't too restrictive!
Sigh, like i said, we go thru this every promo but honestly, this one is looking pretty grim!

I just got this reply on Air Miles Canada's FB page regarding the 1200 vs 2000:

AIR MILES Canada Each year we re-evaluate our promotions, and this year there is a change to the number of Bonus Miles you can get for using offers at 3, 5 or 7 different Partners during SHOP THE BLOCK®. While the SHOP THE BLOCK Bonus Miles offered are slightly less than last year, there is still an opportunity to get lots of Bonus Miles with this promotion. -Amanda

Slightly?

I think they are trying to frame it as we can earn more miles with the multipliers, so they don't need to have such a larger bonus.
They can try and spin it anyway they'd like, it's not easier to complete this time and the larger offers per offer? Explain the Shell one then :P

I’ve had setting my wife’s account up on my to do list forever, and I finally got around to it!

I’m not especially confident that we’ll do all 7 offers on both cards, especially if our offers out west look like that booklet! and i’m not thrilled that the top bonus is so much less than it has been. but i’m hopeful...we’ll see!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter