Shoes...

MARCIAKAZ

Proud to be called Disney Geek by my kids!
Hi all! I'm looking for shoe suggestions for my Dec./Jan. trip. I have wide feet, and a high arch. The high arch makes it hard to find shoes that fit if they tie or buckle or criss-cross over the top. Also, I really hate tennis shoes/sneakers...my feet get too hot and feel too "confined". Is there any chance I can find a good shoe and not have to spend $75-$100? Please share your ideas...especially if you have any experience with the high arch issue :) Thanks!!

I have new balance extra wide tennis shoes that I paid 20.00 dollars for at Marshell's. I like new balance shoes becasue they come in extra wide is a excellent fit.

I just bought Nike Celso flip flops. Soooo comfy. I also have wide feet and usually have to buy wide width shoes, but these flops have stretch material for the thong. They stay on while running, jumping ect. I tried it, my husband thought I was crazy! I walked around for hours in downtown Cleveland and not one blister! They feel like the sole is cushioned. I got them at Kohl's for $12.99! I bought 2 pair!

Wow--gotta love Kohl's and Marshalls! Thanks for the tips so far A friend recommended Merrell brand shoes--does anyone know a store that sells a variety of women's styles of this brand? I can find them online, but I'd really like to be able to go to one place and try several styles.

Also looks like Nordstrom and Lord and Taylor carry the Merrel line.

I just bought Nike Celso flip flops. Soooo comfy. I also have wide feet and usually have to buy wide width shoes, but these flops have stretch material for the thong. They stay on while running, jumping ect. I tried it, my husband thought I was crazy! I walked around for hours in downtown Cleveland and not one blister! They feel like the sole is cushioned. I got them at Kohl's for $12.99! I bought 2 pair!

I second this!! I have two pair and would like another. I believe in these flip flops so much that I'd almost buy a bunch of them and pass them out on the street:teeth:

What about these flip flops montrail molokini. They have a soft moldable footbed that you put in the oven for 3 min then step into them. They mold to your feet. I have real problem feet and I love these. Great arch support.
You can get them online at zappos.com. Moneyback guarantee and free shipping there and back. Can't loose. Just don't where them outside or mold them if they don't fit. My feet are very wide and these fit fine. I wear size 11. They say if you are a 1/2 size to order up to the next size. These are a bit chunky but the comfort is worth it. I learned about them on DIS!!!:cool1:

What about these flip flops montrail molokini. They have a soft moldable footbed that you put in the oven for 3 min then step into them. They mold to your feet. I have real problem feet and I love these. Great arch support.
You can get them online at zappos.com. Moneyback guarantee and free shipping there and back. Can't loose. Just don't where them outside or mold them if they don't fit. My feet are very wide and these fit fine. I wear size 11. They say if you are a 1/2 size to order up to the next size. These are a bit chunky but the comfort is worth it. I learned about them on DIS!!!:cool1:

I second Neonurse Montrail molokini's are great!

I wear a 8 1/2 so i bought a 9 and LOVE them. I bought them for my mom and aunt who have issues with flips and thongs between their toes and they both love them.

I also have a very high instep and wider foot. I LOVE the Crocs Cleo. When they come, they feel a little tight, but you can gently pull the straps and they give (and stay that way). They are the most comfortable shoe that I have ever owned. I also don't like doing a lot of walking in tennies, my feet get too hot. These shoes are $30 and come in cute colors (I have 4) For $30, you really can't go wrong - no break-in period needed, also. We did MK & MGM in April at Easter week and these were the only shoes I wore the whole vacation!

I learned about the the brand on the DIS as well and bought the men's version, the Montrail Molokai. I bought them from Zappo's, followed the instructions to the 't'. I even went so far as to where them quite a bit while walking around all day in the city just to be sure they were properly broken in. All was good.

I wore them this past weekend on a short trip to Disney and by the end of the weekend, the sides of both feet had pretty nasty blisters and one foot had even started bleeding. Stupid me didn't bring anything else to wear because I had put so much faith into them.

Just be careful. What is comfortable to some is slow torture to others! Whatever you buy, really try them out big time.

Well...I've hesitated in posting these because they are close that $75-$100 price range you said you didn't want. BUT, they have been great for me.

The Bite Spirit OS sandals, and they run about $60-$65.

The fabric sole on these was a better bet for me since I can't stand any shoe that might rub uncomfortably on damp or sweaty feet (fabric tends to do this less for me). They also allow you to use your own orthotic insert if you choose. They are definitely pricier....but I have really found them to be worth it.

I guess I'll pay what I have to pay to get the right shoes, because being pain-free is truly priceless!! On the other hand, if there are lower priced options, I want to know about them. You have all offered good suggestions...Thanks for the input!!

I agree! I also have wide width and high arches. So far, I love these. I've been breaking mine in for Disney. I've had one day of amusement park walking with NO problems. (Which has never happened for me before with any shoes.) Now, we'll see if I can take 8 in a row! I won't know for two months. I also plan to bring New Balance shoes. The arch and width are okay, but the top of the heel rubs against my ankle causing blisters even with thck socks. Also I'll get toe blisters eventually with these. Still the best I've found before the Montrail's.

My Croc Cleo sandals came on Friday and I haven't taken them off since!!! I too have wide feet, plus have problems with my feet sweating and swelling a bit. Never have I worn a shoe that was sooooo comfortable. To tell you the truth, I actually forget I have anything on my feet :)

We leave for Disney in three weeks and you can bet my crocs will be my shoe of choice!

With the croc shoes is there any problem with "sliding" around on footbed? They just look like they would not be a pleasant surface against your foot if they got wet at all. Just curious.

I have the same problem with high arches and the only shoe I have found that I can wear all day at Disney is a higher end Teva sandal. I actually trade them out halfway through the day when we go back to the room for an identical pair. I am just afraid I will wear them out quicker if I don't trade them out. I found these for a lower cost on Ebay. I wear my new balance during the winter months and they are the most comfortable sneakers I have found as well. The tevas are great on the water rides and in the rain as well because they don't become slippery. My son wears his crocs all day at Disney and loves them but they are very slippery when wet. He likes them more than his Teva's because he doesn't like his feet showing.

HTH

The only shoe I have been able to wear without problems is the Teva Stratum. It is now discontinued, but it is very simliar to the Teva Terra Fi. I also use Body Glide every day while in WDW...goes on like stick deoderant and really helps to prevent blisters.

:thumbsup2 The most comfortable shoe I've ever worn is hands down, the Teva flip-flop. No break in period, cushions your foot perfectly. It molds to your foot and has an arch that feels so good on your foot. My kids and my aunt love the Crocs but they gave me some blisters on our last trip (for me, they were okay for a little while but started to wear on my foot after a few hours). I love the Teva's, they will be my choice in September!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter