Shoes

ronny1

ronny1
Does anyone know what kind of shoes I could get for the Viva Italia tour? I want them to be nice and stylish yet extremely comfortable. I know there is tons of walking on this tour and I also know how nice the Italians always look. Not that I could look as trendy as them but I don't want to look sloppy, either...any ideas? I have looked in some stores but I really don't even know where to start. I'm going with my Mom and she always looks stylish (darn her! ha ha) so I need some help! THanks in advance! :p

I took a pair of dark grey Reebok walking shoes and a pair of black crocs.

That was it for the entire trip. Never felt out of place.

Hope this helps.

Kevin

Thanks Kev,

I have the croc flip flops (forget the name of them)...I'll find something! Thanks Kevin! Thanks again for everything else...I'm so glad we booked with you :wave:

The key to being stylish in Europe, especially Italy is to wear dark shoes. There is nothing that screams ugly American more than a pair of cream colored Dockers cotton shorts and white Nike's.

Fitting in means darker shoes, even tennis shoes so long as they are dark. Europeans do not tend to wear shorts even when it is hot, the men especially still wear dark pants.

Or, you can just forget about fitting it - put on your Mickey Mouse ears, wear you favorite college t shirt and white Nike's and proudly proclaim you are from USA. :cool1:

Didney Daddy,

I'm Canadian, ha ha...so I'm proud to be Canadian! But I love you Americans a whole bunch. My sister married an American and lives in Oregon. We also spend all our vacation time in the states (except this time!)I've already read about how white shoes (runners) scream tourist so not to worry, you won't catch me in any white shoes or khakis...still trying to find the perfect shoes...

Italians love shoes!!!!! Kenneth Cole has some very comfy (dark) shoes that you will be able to walk in all day and get rid of that dreaded tourist look!

i did the viva italia tour in sept. 06 and found the biggest problem with shoes was that you walk so much that your legs, ankles and feet swell. if i do that again (which i do intend to do) i will take shoes that are a full size or more too big to allow excess room for swelling. crocks are probably a good idea. don't take anything that requires effort to keep on your foot otherwise you will be looking for shoes to buy before long.

make it comfortable so you will enjoy your trip. it is fantastic.:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter