Ship's Store

bogino

Mouseketeer
I'm a shopaholic. Is there 1 store on board or more. Also...do the stores pretty much carry the same things you'd find in a Disney store or do they carry more unique items? Thx.

There are 4 stores aboard the ship. Mickey Mates.Deck 4...Mostly pins, souvies. plush and some clothing and toys, Treasure Ketch..Deck 4 across from Mickey Mates...Higher scale shopping, watches high end clothing, Lithos collectibles. Up Beat.. Deck 3 forward...Mostly Duty Free liquors and smokes. Preludes Snacks..Deck 10 Midship....Best place for snacks and munchies to bring to the movie theatre (Movie theatre is Deck 5)
PS Sometimes they have snacks available just around the corner from Mickey Mates and Treasure Ketch in a bar area just before the entrace to the Walt Disney Theatre. Much closer for Movie Snacks than Deck 10

Hope that helped

According to one of my Personal Navigators from my last cruise, there was a Preludes Snacks shop located on Deck 10 Midship.

Maybe it was just a Cart or Kiosk. I believe they also sold Pins there. This was not a permanent shop but opened on Days at Sea.

Thought I would give bogino every shopping option since she is a shopaholic.

One thing I found hard was there was alot of times that the stores are not open on the ship - and there is no where to shop.

They have to be so far our to port before they can open, so any days they are docked the stores are closed.

Plus once you walk thru the stores once or twice you have seen everything - they are very small.

So you probably should plan on shopping at the islands to fill your needs.

There is a pin cart in the lobby each night if you like pins.

Have a great time.

Darlene

If you love designer mickey clothing, or the Tommy Bahama line & love to pay full bust out retail, Treasure Ketch is the store for you!

Otherwise, shop in St. Martin & St. Thomas...

They could probably turn some big $$ if they had real clothing, for real people( especially for those whose luggage is lost- it must be a long wait to get to St. Martin... ) I wonder if Disney knows there are people who love Disney, but who actually prefer their clothing to be without mouse heads or pooh bears on them! LOL!

your post bring out one of my greatest fears! Is luggage often lost? I wonder what the average number of people to sail with out thier luggage is each cruise. If you have DCL transportation from the airport do you know for sure your luggage is there before you board your bus?

We had an older couple at our dinner table that flew down the same day as the cruise. Their flight was delayed and their luggage missed the connection in Atlanta. They discovered this as their bags did not come off the carousel in baggage claim at MCO.
Unfortunately, they had not packed a change of clothes, or their bathing suits in their carry-on... They did have their medications and toiletries.

I felt badly for them, as their luggage was being forwarded to St. Maarten. They were forced to wear Mickeywear (T shirts, gym shorts purchased in Mickey Mates) until Tuesday, when they arrived in St. Maarten. She paid $100 for a bathing suit in Treasure Ketch. I didn't hear if they got re-imbursed for expenses. I hope they did...

A lesson learned - always pack your bathing suits, change of clothes and the important stuff in a carry on. You never know...

Just returned yesterday from the Magic and the stores were rather small and limited. Kind of felt been there done that when I was in them. I enjoyed shopping on St Martin because they actually expect you to barter, even in the stores! St Thomas there was no bartering but plenty of jewelry stores! Have fun, there will be so much to do you probably won't even want to shop, take it from someone that loves to shop!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter