>> Shipping To & From Disney Resorts FAQ <<

Lynne M

DIS Veteran
Note: The previous version of this thread has been made non-sticky and closed; it will remain on the board for reference if needed.

This post is for those who plan to ship items for their stay to their Disney resorts, or who wish to ship items home from their resort. It’s a work in progress, so if you have any additions or corrections, please post them in this thread, and I’ll do my best to keep the FAQ up to date.

Note: Since FAQ threads can quickly get very long, all off-topic posts will be removed without comment or notification.

Wow, I never thought of sending anything ahead to my resort. What kinds of things do people send?

All sorts of things - air mattresses, luggage, medical supplies, groceries and snacks, cases of water, pool toys, Christmas gifts and decorations. Some guests pack and ship the items themselves, some prefer to order from Amazon, Walmart or other retailers.

Is there anything I can’t or shouldn’t ship?

The major carriers won’t ship alcohol for delivery to consumers, so you’d need to carry that with you or get it locally, either at a resort shop, Speedway store on property, liquor store, etc.

Check your shipper’s website for more information about restricted items.

What shipping method should I use?

Any carrier that you like. The postal service (USPS) delivers WDW mail to a central location, and Disney then distributes mail to its destination. This may mean that your package takes just a bit longer to get to its destination. Other delivery services such as UPS or FedEx deliver directly to the resorts.

Tip: UPS shipping can cost less if you take your package directly to a UPS depot instead of a commercial location like The UPS Store.

Tip: When shipping through the postal service (USPS), unless you pay for special services like Priority Mail or Express Mail, tracking is often not updated at each stop. So don’t be alarmed if your package seems “stuck” somewhere for a few days, it’s probably moving along to its destination and just hasn’t been scanned recently.

Will Disney charge me for receiving a package?

If the package is being delivered to a resort with a convention center, yes. For all other resorts, no. Disney has outsourced the handling of package deliveries at resort convention centers to outside companies, and all packages delivered to those resorts go to the convention center.

Resorts with convention centers are: Grand Floridian, Yacht Club/Beach Club/Beach Club Villas, Boardwalk Inn/Boardwalk Villas, Contemporary/Bay Lake Tower, and Coronado Springs.

You will be charged a handling fee for each package you receive. The fee is based on weight. For packages that are less than 5 pounds, it’s $3. For packages from 5 pounds to 20 pounds, it’s $5. Packages heavier than 20 pounds have a $10 charge.

Note: it’s been said that packages shipped via the post office do not go to the convention center, and therefore there is no handling fee. I have not been able to confirm this, though, so please don’t come back and yell at me if you get charged for your USPS delivery. ;)

How far in advance of my trip should I send it?

It’s suggested that you try to get it there within a week of your arrival date. I haven’t heard of any packages being refused or sent back because they arrived too soon, but resorts have only so much space for holding packages, and I’m sure the resort staff would rather not be storing packages for weeks on end.

How do I address the package so that it will get to my resort?

Use the name of the lead guest on the reservation (makes it easier for resort staff to find your package):

John Smith - Hold for Guest Arrival 6/1/15
c/o Disney’s Wilderness Resort
901 Timberline Drive
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830

There’s no need to put your reservation number on the label; in fact, Disney recommends that you do not do this for security reasons.

Resort addresses can be found in the second post of this thread.

Once I arrive at the resort, how do I get my package?

Ask at the front desk. They may be able to give it to you right there, or Bell Services might bring it to your room (tips are appreciated). If you’re staying at a convention resort, you’ll probably need to go to the business center at the convention center to pick up your package. Business centers are open from 8:00am to 5:00pm daily (Monday thru Friday), Saturday 8 am to 10 am, and are closed on Sundays.

What about sending souvenirs and stuff home?

If you don’t have a box, you can pick one up in the resort gift shop. You can bring your package to the front desk, or the Guest Services/Concierge desk. If your resort has a convention center, shipping services are also available at the Ricoh Business Center inside the convention center. Handling fees in the $10 range should be expected in addition to postage charges. If you’re able to print your return shipping label at home before you head to WDW, that’ll be a timesaver.

Hope you find this information helpful. :)

Lynne M and the DISboards Staff

Last edited:
Shipping addresses for Disney resorts

Disney’s All-Star Movies Resort
1901 West Buena Vista Drive
Lake Buena Vista, Florida 32830-8412
(407) 939-7000

Disney’s All-Star Music Resort
1801 West Buena Vista Drive
Lake Buena Vista, Florida 32830-8436
(407) 939-6000

Disney’s All-Star Sports Resort
1701 West Buena Vista Drive
Lake Buena Vista, Florida 32830-8401
(407) 939-5000

Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge / Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas - Jambo House
2901 Osceola Parkway
Lake Buena Vista, Florida 32830-8410
(407) 938-3000

Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas - Kidani Village
3701 Osceola Parkway
Lake Buena Vista, Florida 32830-8445
(407) 938-7400

Disney’s Art of Animation Resort
1850 Animation Way
Lake Buena Vista, Florida 32830-8400
(407) 938-7000

Disney’s Beach Club Resort / Disney’s Beach Club Villas
1800 Epcot Resorts Boulevard
Lake Buena Vista, Florida 32830-8443
(407) 934-8000

Disney’s BoardWalk Inn / Disney’s BoardWalk Villas
2101 North Epcot Resorts Boulevard
Lake Buena Vista, Florida 32830-8442
(407) 939-6200

Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort
900 Cayman Way
Lake Buena Vista, Florida 32830-8411
(407) 934-3400

Disney’s Contemporary Resort / Disney’s Bay Lake Tower at the Contemporary Resort
4600 North World Drive
Lake Buena Vista, Florida 32830-8413
(407) 824-1000

Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort
1000 West Buena Vista Drive
Lake Buena Vista, Florida 32830-8403
(407) 939-1000

Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort
4510 North Fort Wilderness Trail
Lake Buena Vista, Florida 32830-8415
(407) 824-2837 (Cabins)
(407) 824-2900 (Campsites)

Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort and Spa / The Villas at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort and Spa
4401 Floridian Way
Lake Buena Vista, Florida 32830-8451
(407) 824-3000

Disney’s Old Key West Resort
1510 North Cove Road
Lake Buena Vista, Florida 32830-8421
(407) 827-7700

Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort
1600 Seven Seas Drive
Lake Buena Vista, Florida 32830-8423
(407) 824-2000

Disney’s Polynesian Villas and Bungalows
1600 Seven Seas Drive
Lake Buena Vista, Florida 32830-8423
(407) 824-3500

Disney’s Pop Century Resort
1050 Century Drive
Lake Buena Vista, Florida 32830-8433
(407) 938-4000

Disney’s Port Orleans Resort - French Quarter
2201 Orleans Drive
Lake Buena Vista, Florida 32830-8424
(407) 934-5000

Disney’s Port Orleans Resort - Riverside
1251 Riverside Drive
Lake Buena Vista, Florida 32830-8514
(407) 934-6000

Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort and Spa
1960 Broadway
Lake Buena Vista, Florida 32830-8446
(407) 827-1100

Disney’s Wilderness Lodge / The Villas at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
901 Timberline Drive
Lake Buena Vista, Florida 32830-8426
(407) 824-3200

Disney’s Yacht Club Resort
1700 Epcot Resorts Boulevard
Lake Buena Vista, Florida 32830-8407
(407) 934-7000

Walt Disney World Dolphin Hotel
1500 Epcot Resorts Boulevard
Lake Buena Vista, Florida 32830
(407) 934-4000

Walt Disney World Swan Hotel
1200 Epcot Resorts Boulevard
Lake Buena Vista, Florida 32830
(407) 934-3000

Shades of Green
1950 W. Magnolia Palm Dr.
(407) 824-3400

Oh, no - I just used the Century Drive address for Art of Animation - will this be a problem??

thank you for the info

Do yo have the time the convention Centers are open for package pick up?
I assume Monday through Friday 9 am to 5 pm.
Other times the convention centers are open?

We like BWV and CSR - both convention sites

If we arrive on a Sunday or late in the day on a Saturday at a WDW resort with a convention center (BW or CSR).......
We can not get our package we sent to ourselves till Monday at 8 am correct?

I called and found out
Ricoh Business Centers are in the Grand Floridian, Yacht Club/Beach Club/Beach Club Villas, Boardwalk Inn/Boardwalk Villas, Contemporary/Bay Lake Tower, and Coronado Springs.

And the hours are.....
Business center open from 8:00am to 5:00pm daily (Monday thru Friday) Saturday 8 am to 10 am Closed Sundays

So I guess anything we need immediately we can not use till we get our package Monday at 8 AM?

Should we change our arrival date to a Monday?

Please advise of the convention center business center hours for package pick up ?

If we arrive on a Sunday or late in the day on a Saturday at a WDW resort with a convention center (BW or CSR).......
We can not get our package we sent to ourselves till Monday at 8 am correct?

And the hours are.....
Business center open from 8:00am to 5:00pm daily (Monday thru Friday) Saturday 8 am to 10 am Closed Sundays

So I guess anything we need immediately we can not use till we get our package Monday at 8 AM?

In our experience, correct.

Should we change our arrival date to a Monday?

Depends on what's in your package. Personally speaking, we would not delay our arrival and therefore the start of our WDW vacation due to a package pick up.

Please advise of the convention center business center hours for package pick up ?

Checked my notes from our BC stay and I have the same hours as above.

Thanks for the information on the package pickup hours, I'll merge this in with the Shipping FAQ. :)

Anyone have any experience shipping to Disney from jet.com? Just recently heard about jet.com and they seem similar to Amazon, as far as I can tell, but since they're relatively new, have a lot of discounts right now, which would make them nice to use for an upcoming trip. Any input is greatly appreciated!

Is the Fort Wilderness Resort address also used to ship for someone staying at a cabin? We have family staying there this November and we thought about sending them a welcome package for their stay.

Canadian here. Trying to get something shipped down but am having trouble with the Zip code. Do you need the numbers after the hyphen, or would the 32830 be sufficient?

Thanks guys and gals

Canadian here. Trying to get something shipped down but am having trouble with the Zip code. Do you need the numbers after the hyphen, or would the 32830 be sufficient?

Thanks guys and gals

The ZIP+4 helps expedite delivery in some cases, but it's not mandatory, you'll be fine just using 32830.

I just got back from a stay at the Caribbean Beach Resort and I had a package shipped from hot topic and torrid and the service was great they delivered it straight to my room and when I had a issue helped me call and get it sorted.

Shipping back to the Uk was not so easy I went to the resort shop and they didn't sell the boxes and when i went to the concierge she tried really hard to get it sent for me but in the end i ended up being sent to the boardwalk business center which was a bit of a pain also for any UK people thinking of sending stuff it was approx $165 to send a 16x16 box weighing no more than 5 pounds so its not a cheap option

On Amazon, there is no room to write "c/o {resort name}. Is this going to be a problem?
I shipped to the Poly from Amazon in August. I filled the fields in the following way:
Full Name: my first and last name c/o Polynesian Resort
Address Line 1: Walt Disney World Check in 08/23/15
Address Line 2: 1600 Seven Seas Drive
....and then city, state, and zip fields.

Worked for us!
Good luck!

Thanks!

I followed the format above, which is this:
901 Timberline Drive

But that didn't leave any room for the c/o. Is the "hold for guest" part not as important?

Thanks!

I followed the format above, which is this:
901 Timberline Drive

But that didn't leave any room for the c/o. Is the "hold for guest" part not as important?
I didn't put "hold for guest arrival" on our package, and we didn't have any problems. :confused3

Oh! So non-UPS things CAN be shipped to the resorts! I'm so glad/relieved!!!

Anyone had stuff via EMS sent to a resort? I'm staying @ Pop Century, in January (-:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!